Denmark dolphin slaughter. Myth or horrible truth?

There's been a chain message about dolphin being massacred at the bays of Denmark as a ritual. I have serious doubts about this message. Is this tradition for real? How long has it been carried on? Any answers welcome. Cheers.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Something just needs to be made clear here.

Something like this does happen on the Faroe Islands, which belong to Denmark, yes. But the Danish government or the Danes themselves have nothing to do with it or agree with it.

The people on the Faroe Islands don't consider themselves Danes, they consider themselves Faroes and have their own government.

Blaming this on Danes is not only incredibly stupid, it's also insensitive.

Please, please, please, people, do research before you start blaming people. The link to oceansentry keep mentioning Denmark, Denmark, Denmark like we really have any influence on what goes on on the Faroe Islands.

But to answer your question: The tradition is real. They eat the ones they kill and they consider it basically the same as fishing. Also, it's not dolphins. They are whales.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Denmark dolphin slaughter. Myth or horrible truth?

There's been a chain message about dolphin being massacred at the bays of Denmark as a ritual. I have serious doubts about this message. Is this tradition for real? How long has it been carried on? Any answers welcome. Cheers.

Source(s): denmark dolphin slaughter myth horrible truth: https://shortly.im/igmCb
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Calderon Dolphins

• 7 years ago

Denmark claims " The Faroese are self governing in most matters other than foreign affairs, the legal system and defense ." I would say that this Horrible act would fall under one of those purview. They try to explain it off as they aren't responsible but I am not sure. Here's an article about "their side". http://www.hoax-slayer.com/denmark-whaling.shtml

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It could be that this refers to mass killings in Japan; some footage was on TV a little while ago.

The Faroes, which are connected with or belong to Denmark do still kill some whales and appear to have permission so to do. Try one of the organisation which tries to look after these mammals, like Greenpeace or others with whales or dolphin in their name.

• 6 years ago

Well if the article is true, then the difference would be that Deer, Beef, Poultry, etc. are not endangered species. Also, Beef and Poultry production, as well as hunting and fishing are regulated to protect against cruelty, and in the case of hunting, seasons and limits are put in place to make sure they do not become endangered.

• 7 years ago

They way they 'herd ' and kill these whales is CRUEL AND DEMEANING for people having Denmark's ancestry. They are not any better than cruel and heartless muslim slaughtering their animals..in cold blood. There is a less painful way to kill than this....

• 7 years ago

People say its "Faroe Islands". But Denmark is responsible for " military defence, police, justice, currency and foreign affairs" for the Island. So its the problem with Denmark. They are silently say "YES" to this.

• 6 years ago

Devils Advocate: How is this different from deer hunting, mass beef and poultry production, fishing, etc??

• 1 decade ago

Well unfortunatly it looks like it was real :\ seems sad though. Just look at the pictures in the source link and how they lined them up and everything seems real to me. And on the inforemation about how long its been carried on im not sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.