What is the difference between a white egg and a brown egg?

Is there a difference?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Snacky
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What determines the color of the egg is the breed of the chicken.

Nothing more.Taste or nutrition is only affected by the type of feed

they are fed.

The above answers are just guesses.Sorry I don't have a link for you, but if you feel like some googling, you will find that this answer is accurate.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Actually, if you are thinking of pure white eggs, I have some in my fridge at the moment that have been laid by DUCKS. They taste a little stronger than hens' eggs and are very nourishing. In spring I get GOOSE eggs that also are white . They are huge and delicious. The birds are free range and the eggs are bound to be healthier than those of cooped up hens. Otherwise hens eggs have exactly the same degree of nourishment whether they are brown or white. I understand that in the US they favour white eggs but it is purely a matter of colour preference.

• Nessa
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Brown eqqs come from chiqkens that only eat wheat

and that white eqqs come from normal (?) chiqkens

:)

• 1 decade ago

I raise chickens and gather eggs to eat. There is no difference other than sometimes the brown eggs can be larger.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Brown and White eggs come from chickens with dif. colors of feathers. Brown eggs have more cholesterol so they are not really that healthy. I suggest that you eat white eggs because they have less cholesterol.

• 1 decade ago

color of the chicken.

• 1 decade ago

This is a very simple question for me ^_^. The truth is.......... The only difference in a brown egg and a white egg is the color of the shell and nothing more. They are both built the exact same way out of the exact same stuff and are exactly the same except that one is brown and one is white.

Source(s): I am a culinary student
  • Max J
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Brown eggs generally have a little stronger flavor in the yolk, but there's no major difference.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.