Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who else would like to see a trillion dollars go for space exploration?

instead of bailing out Wall Street corporations.

...the shuttle's on its way!

Favorite Answer

Amen to THAT, Girlfriend!

Abso-fricken-lutely...

• Andy F

Not me.

I don't like bailing out Wall Street - but at least it's on Earth.

Spending a trillion dollars on space exploration just seems like throwing the money away into a big, big vacuum -- into a place that 95% of the human species will never visit, because of the huge physical and financial costs of launching rocket payloads into orbit.

Shouldn't we try to keep the only planet we have -- the Earth -- habitable and well-run, rather than rushing off to some other planet that we've never even seen, and that may not exist?

My first concern is for the Well being of the every day American Family .

But other then that I was 16 when we put a man on the moon and I thought that the Marines would be on Mars by now ( or at least on the moon ).

Instead we waste our money fighting what seems count less , endless wars . Which lead to nowhere except destruction and great cost in lives and money .

There is a lot of wealth for future generations mining the Asteroids. If We don't kill our selves off first .

Oh heck, we'll just add this to the trillions our CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN will inherit.

I like what the poster said about sending Obama and his cabinet there, that may take the sting out a bit lol.

I have no issues with it. There are mineral resources to be exploited throughout or solar system.

Corporate America will demand it sooner or later and since they always get what they want (eg: bailouts), just prepare for it.

Propose it. The US budget deficit has officially surpassed a trillion dollars. What's another trillion?

Not me. I think the space program budget should be cut in half or less until we get out of this economic downturn. God bless.

Me! Using the money on science instead of war and capitalism is a good idea :)

YES !

Explore Space, before it is too late.

how about a brilliant trillion dollar bailout

Vassup?! Maybe. What do you want explored, Uranus?