Harry Potter book 7 chapter 1-who is snape's source?

In the first chapter of book 7, Snape tells Voldemort when the order will be moving Harry from his Aunt and Uncles house. He gives Voldemort the correct date, even though the order attempted to leak a false trail, but does not tell Voldemort all the details. This info is from some un-named source that Snape and Voldemort have previously discussed. My question is: who is the source??? Can you also please explain how you got your answer.

Best Answer

In "The Prince's Tale" chapter in book 7, Snape is seen conversing with Dumbledore's portrait in the Headmaster's Office about the plan to move Harry. So Dumbledore's portrait was the true source. Whether that's the source Snape and Voldemort "discussed," I don't really know. I imagine that it could have been, and that's why Voldemort appointed Snape as Headmaster of Hogwarts, since Voldemort assumed that Snape was still pretending to be loyal to Dumbledore so Dumbledore's portrait was giving him information.

• Nancy

1. Favorite Harry Potter Scene Hermione and Harry's dance 2. Favorite Harry Potter Book Prisoner of Azkaban 3. Favorite Harry Potter Movie Deathly Hallows Part 2 4. Favorite Harry Potter Love Scenes When Harry kisses Ginny for the first time IN THE BOOK. I hate how they changed it in the movie 5. Favorite Harry Potter Professors and quotes Snape hands down Dumbledore: "After all this time?" Snape: "Always." Or when Snape is dying and Harry's next to him. "Look at me." ^Never cried so hard in my life 6. Favorite Harry Potter Characters and quotes Sirius - "Whats life without a little risk" Snape - ^^^ 7. Favorite Spell Expecto Patronum or Ridikulus 8. Favorite Hogwart House Gryffindor duh 9. What do u like about Harry Potter Characters 10. What do u hate about Harry Potter When Snape, Sirius and Dumbledore die 11. Favorite Hogwarts class Care Of Magical Creatures 12. Favorite Couple (Cho or Ginny) Neither. Harry and Hermione (Harmony)

My guess is Dumbledore. Because remember that even when he's dead him and Snape still communicated. They talked through the portrait and Dumbledore is the only one who knows the whole snape situation and still trusts him. Perhaps Mcgonagall was talking to dumbledores portrait and then dumbledore would tell snape.

Mark Felt.

• keep reading and you will find out :)