scm3582 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Will Lamar Odom sign.......?

If Utah matches the offer from Portland for Milsap, will Portland give Lamar Odom the deal that he is looking for?

• Favorite Answer

Hey.

The Lakers offered him 9 million/season for 3 years. He still didn't reply back to the Lakers because his agent is looking for a better deal like 10 mil per season for 5 years. All the teams that are interested in him will only offer him the MLE (around 5-6 mil per season) for 5 years. Apparently, the Lakers owner stopped negotiating because Odom wasn't replying. Heat, Blazers have a chance to land him but it looks like Odom will stay in L.A

I think he or his agent is crazy about even entertaining offers from Miami and Dallas. Odom knows only the Lakers will offer him 8 - 9 million a year; Miami and Dallas supposedly can offer around 5.8 mil. I think the sticking point is the length of the contract. odom wants 5 years, the Lakers want 3 years. Despite all these, I think Odom will end with the Lakers.

Forget Portland, he's not going there. The Lakers made him two fair offers and he declined. Both offers are now off the table. In my opinion, and I hope I am wrong, Odom will be signed and traded. Possibly even for Boozer.

Odom is CRAZY for even trying to play hardball with the Lakers, He will only be offered 9million+ by the Lakers, No other team will pay him 10 mil. without expecting him to be their #1 or #2 player, which we all know he isn't-too inconsistent, The Lakers for some reason have been way more than patient with him and his years of underachieving, He knows the system and players, any move would be foolish on his part.

Word is Portland hasn't had any interest in Odom. Miami and Phoenix seem the likely destinations after LA.

There is a chance he will sign w/ the Heat or Cavaliers

However he might stay w/ the Lakers

I think he should stay w/ the Lakers that is where he developed as a good player

NBA RuleZ {#1 Chicago Bulls Fan}

ODOM wil sign with Lakers, if not 50 percent sure Port Landies will sign him.

most likely not they said his biggest options are lakers if they give him the contract he wants than the heat

• ?

They could