Why are most strait ppl against LGBT?? honest answers, i would like to try and understand.?

i have recently discovered i am bi, and am fine with my decision. i am 14.

but why do some ppl not like the LGBT? it seems perfectly harmles to me. what do you find so wrong and repusive?

i would like some honest answers to try and understand this hate.

)x

thx pplz

xxx

Favorite Answer

due to homophobia/biphobia, ignorance and stupidity

plus religions like the abrahamic ones and the mormons don't help

edit: Amber B - it's not choice, your religion has brainwahsed you about that

Texas Tiger - sexual orientation is not personal choice

It's not just Christianity that I dislike, I dislike all religions, to be honest. And my reasons for not likeing religion goes deeper than just the "homophobic, misguided individuals who preach hatred instead of love" that you mention. When you look back in history, a lot of major problems and wars were caused by religions. I just can't get past all the pain and suffering that is caused by other people pushing their beliefs to the point of using violence. I'm not against religious people, though. You can believe what you want, I don't mind. I just don't like religions... if that makes any sense...

Well hun, some people simply lack understanding.

Others simply hate or fear.

A lot of homophobes have turned out to be self-hating homesxuals themselves, or fear that they can become homosexual if they spend time with someone of an alternate sexuality.

Others use the bible as a reason. The main reason this ticks me off for one is the fact that a lot of people use the bible to justify prejudice against gay people, but ignore the other biblical crimes.

The bible whilst indeed claiming homsexuality is wrong in leviticus, also supports the oppression of women, supports slavery, bans wearing clothing of mixed fabrics - I could go on. People tend to be slective when it comes to the bible.

Some people say "It's not natural"

I beg to differ.

Homosexuality in the animal kingdom is all too common, media recently came to show two male penguins adopting an abandoned chick - proving that gay parenting is also natural.

Homosexuality used to be considered a sick mental illness - comperable to child-molestation. Thankfully that view has been quelled (by the legal system at least) and with a little luck, hopefully in future the people around us will be more accepting of other people, in spite of age, race, gender or sexuality.

There are different reasons for different reasons. That is to say..

1. My friend I grew up with came out of the closet when we were 12! He and I are still friends.

2. My friend I went to school with came out of the closet a month ago to me and I dont want anything to do with him.

In this case I had a relationship (friends) with the person at the time of his decision and he wanted to let me know what he was feeling. In number 2 this person just up and told me after not seeint me for 35 YEARS. He was treating it like a badge of honor or something instead of what it really is. A personal private choice.

So if you look at it, they both did the same thing, they came out to me. But if you look deeper into it you see that they are different and as such my reactions were different.

So I hate to say that you will NEVER get ONE answer to what is really several million questions.

• Aric

In my past experiences, i have learned that most straight people, in today's younger generation at least, are supportive of the LGBT community. Those who aren't, usually either A. Are uneducated in LGBT or B. Have religious beliefs against LGBT and refuse to believe otherwise. Time will change that and hopefully everyone will see that sexuality has nothing to do with the person, and we shall truly be treated equal.

I think many people are not well educated about it. Honestly with ever generation thus far the number of LGBT supporting straight people has nearly doubled. The very fervent bigots on the right are louder than ever, but more and more, straight moderate people are coming around. Witness the popularity of the Ellen show, Adam Lambert winning American Idol, Billy Elliot the musical, ect.

Because they simply don't understand. I'm sure if they had a close friend or relative who was LGBT it would be different. It's a bit like going up to someone and saying 3+3=7. Just watch at how angry they get.

I think there are a couple of reasons for homophobia. First humans evolved to fear and dislike things that are different or represent a change to their understanding on life. And in their understandings men are supposed to like women and vice versa. Second it's because they're insecure about their own sexuality. This is moreso the case with homophobic men than women. UGA did a study where they subjected self identified homophobic str8 guys to gay porn as well as non-homophobic str8 guys and they concluded that homophobic straight guys were twice as likely to get an erection from gay porn that non-homophobic straight guys.

Hmmmm...well one reason certain people don't like LGBT people is the fact that it's against their religious beliefs. I don't know other religions as well as I know Christianity so I can't really say what those religious texts state about homosexuality, but according to the bible liking the same sex, or even thinking about the same sex in a perverse way (perverse meaning anything other than friendly) is a sin and might result in going to hell if the person doesn't change their ways. One thing religious people fail to realize is that GOD DOESN'T HATE HOMOSEXUALS!! It's true he DISLIKES their ways (choosing to continue to sin instead of asking for forgiveness and such) and wishes they'd "see the light and repent" but as long as those who choose to stay homosexual don't relinquish the hold the devil has on them then God can't do anything/ AND I know I used the word choose because people aren't born homosexual, bisexual, lesbian, or wanting to be transgendered, you have a moment where you can decide to seek out the word of God and ask him if you should be doing this or that (like we're suppose to do with everything) but you don't and continue to live in sin. The devil doesn't mess with people he already has meaning if you are feeling confused or accepting being LGB then God probably has a big plan for your life that you won't get to know cause the Devil has lead your astray.

So other than LGBT being against God and of the devil, another reason people are homophobic is because it's taught to them. Generation after generation will pass on good and bad knowledge to the new ones. Racism will be passed along with pride, as will acceptance be pass along with homophobia. I have a lot of homophobic family members and gay family members. People might have a best friend, cousin, etc who gay but the world goes by "the exception to the rules" meaning you'll accept your friends or family if they're gay, but other gay people you'll harass or shy away from. You know your friends and family, but the other gays are strangers and don't deserve your respect is basically how it tends to work.

People fear the unknown. And what is "known" (mostly lies and the like) are that LGBT are molesters, rapists, etc. They'll do the freaky things "normal" heterosexuals wouldn't do. I have plenty of gay friends and don't believe in judging people since it's only God's job to judge anyone. The bible teaches us to be tolerant but many interpret the good book to mean whatever they want it to mean.

I used to be bisexual, and I still sometimes am tempted to sin, but nobody said salvation was simple and easy. I made a personal choice to reacquaint myself with God and to stop disrespecting him by blatantly living in sin.

I have no problem with you as long as you're yourself, and does not pretend to be what you're not. If you're LGBT, so be it. You're still a human being as I am; not an alien. There are LGBT who're humans; there are straight ppl which are beast. I don't know why some ppl don't like your kind -- as if they themselves don't fart!