Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

stwitchblade, butterfly, sword, throwing knives aloud in the state of maine?

are stwitchblade knives, butterfly knives, swords, and throwing knives aloud in the state of maine?

Favorite Answer

Your knife laws in Maine say its illegal to have, sell, etc. a knife "which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or any knife having a blade which opens or falls or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward or centrifugal thrust or movement."

It says owning.. at all. So the switchblade and butterfly are totally out. Throwing knives are just fixed blade knives without much of a handle. While I found no legislation on it and don't think there would be, I couldn't rule it out. Regarding swords, when I searched for it, most of the results were shops in Maine selling swords, so I expect they're alright to own.

Like the other guy said, this needs to go to the law and legal section.

Wait, you are all saying the are illegal but you can buy them in the crap stores on main street in York Beach. You know the place with all the clothes, and crappy sovereigns, and there is a big show case against the back wall. The show case is filled with crappy knives and they have crappy swords on the wall. You just have to be like 18. Are you sure it isn't single vs double bladed thing? Oh I get it know, they can sell them, you just can't buy them. I guess that is for the people from the Free State of NH to buy.

Switchblade knives are not allowed or aloud.

Stars and swords are fine.

Source(s): FFL Dealer

You should of asked this in 'politics and government' under law enforcement or law and ethics. Wrong section.

Source(s): me