bob walker asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who is faster, Ellsbury or Gardner?

Update:

I am a Red Sox fan, but I think that Gardner has the edge in that single category.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • BC
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well this is a tough one. I've always wanted a new addition to all star WEEKEND (why is it ever on a weekday?) Speed obstacles/races

I'd have Reyes, Ellsbury, Gardner, Crawford all race

Personally, I see Brett Gardner more often and he is very very fast hence the quote from Nick Swisher: "He is the fastest white guy I have ever seen." Gardner has 18 stolen bases and 4 caught steals. Ellsbury has 40 sb's and 7 cs's. Ellsbury has many more games played, however.

The thing I find interesting is that the Redsox play Ellsbury every day at any cost, while the Yankees were quick to demote Gardner from an every day role to a platoon with Melky Cabrera.

I do think, however that if you give Brett Gardner more starts and if he played more often he could have 30 sb's by now.

Jacoby did steal home on a very alert pitcher in Andy Pettite. Plus he does have an advantage statistically.

So lets recap. Ellsbury wins statistically.

I still think that in my personal opinion Gardner is faster. He can run down nearly any fly ball.

I can agree with an argument for Ellsbury though, as I am biased.

• Jon G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Gardner is. I am already the fastest rugby player in the state of Minnesota, so I think I can out run some guy named Ellsbury.

Source(s): If you don't get the joke yet, my last name is gardner.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gardner is faster, but Ellsbury is better in just about every other aspect.

• 1 decade ago

Both are pretty fast. I say Gardner(non bias) but Ellsbury has the better hitting

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jeff S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Jacoby Ellsbury.

• they both are pretty fast, but i say Ellsbury, no disrespect to Gardner

Source(s): HRM
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ellsbury Is A better player

• 1 decade ago

Gardner's more nimble than fast.

Source(s): adjective, 1. quick and light in movement; moving with ease; agile; active; rapid: nimble feet.
  • 1 decade ago

elsbury

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.