Routine for curly hair? (20 characters)?

i have really curly hair and i cant wash it everyday. if i wash it at night and then let it air dry as i sleep, it gets REALLY poofy. how do i make it not so poofy when i wake up.

here's what i do normally

1) wash it

2) comb with wide-tooth comb

3) spray a de-tangler

4) go to sleep

5) wake up with poof

Favorite Answer

Steps one through 3 are absolutely right. But, as most girls with curly, big hair will tell you, going to sleep with it wet is a big no no. It has to dry free. I would either start taking showers earlier in the day (like in the morning, when you get home from school/work, right after diner, etc.) or invest in a blow-dryer. It shouldn't take too long, and it doesn't have to be perfect or absolutely dry. Just nothing more than damp, if that.

Combing through it more quickly all the way from root to tip can also help remove some of the water, because my hair takes eons to dry even with a drier if I don't. You can use a brush to flip it, or you can not. It's up to you. Just run through it with a drier, flipping it with your fingers to get to the underside as you go. And the drier you get it, the better it'll look in the morning.

Source(s): I have big, poofy, curly hair.

First I ought to moist my hair, by way of fact i will't get a broom with the aid of it if that's dry. So I moist it, brush it to get the tangles, comb it to section it and strengthen the curls, prepare a curling cream to hold the curls, blow dry it from the backside to make it greater volumized (even with the actuality that it has somewhat some volume already, i like the "huge" look), then placed a small amout of hairspray in. this might look terrible if i did no longer have layers, yet i do, so it seems solid. all this takes approximately, uhh, probable 0.5 an hour to 40 minutes. i be attentive to that's long, yet in any different case, my hair is thoroughly uncontrolled and terrible. that's what you get for being a woman, haha.

No no no

Wake up

Take a shower

Wash hair with Panteen Pro-V (Make sure to use conditioner)

With conditioner still in hair, brush your hair in the shower, brush it all back.

Then wash it out and get out of the shower and yadda yadda

then once you got dressed and stuff take your finger and part your hair how you want it, then fish up some water in your hands and scrunch sections of your hair with water

Then use a towel and scrunch your curls.

After your curls aren't quiet as damp, put in a good amount of Garnier Fructis Curl Defining mousse (It's the kind of mousse thats in a bright green bottle) and scrunch your hair with that. Then WALL-A! You're good to go! (:

I wet it when I wake up and I apply curl definer mousse it works great. I wouldnt wash it then go to sleep how can you expect it to be less poofy Get up in the morning and apply curl definer mousse. I wash my hair every second day. but a curl defining mousse is a total MUST

All I could recomend is between 3 and 4 you should put your hair in a bun. it'll keep it curly but it wont be poofy