Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 decade ago

With record low temperatures, what happened to Global Warming?

"As politicians in Washington, DC debate what to do about global warming, the Northeast has been hit with record low temperatures this morning.

"According to ABC News, the cities of Binghamton and Rochester in New York and Hartford, CT experienced record lows for July today.

"Meanwhile, here in the Granite State, temperatures in Concord fell to 47-degress this morning, the lowest since 1940. Temperatures in Portsmouth came witin one degree of the lowest ever in July.

http://www.nowhampshire.com/2009/07/14/record-low-...

Every one of the vaunted all-knowing IPCC models missed the current decade-long global COOLING, but the Axis of Idiots in Congress still demand we spend trillions on a solution that is in search of a problem...

Let's hear the "cooling is warming" argument from the alarmists... Can you spell "Doublespeak"... (read (or reread) Orwell's "1984")

And once again the alarmists resort to personal attacks... Saul Alinsky would be proud...

Favorite Answer
    Source(s): Hate Political correctness & have a low tolerance of people who spout bad science (e.g. Global Warming, Food nazi's, Moon landing hoax lot, etc) when they're less qualified to talk about the subject as a proctologist is at giving lectures on neurosurgery.

I'm just going to repost something I said the other day and change Florida into the Northeast since this is the exact same argument, just using a different region. Here goes: No, because weather is not the same as climate no matter how many times contards try to post otherwise. Just because someone has weighed a die doesn't mean he isn't going to lose once and a while, but on average that will happen less frequently than someone who isn't cheating. Would you post that someone couldn't cheat because there was this one time he lost? I mean seriously, Northeast has snowfall all the time during winter, were you expecting to have no cold days anymore just because of global warming? I don't know how to explain this any simpler to you, if you don't get it, it is either because you don't want to get it, or you are mentally deficient in some way. And I would be telling you this even if I believed global warming was a hoax, using this as an argument is just embarrassing yourself. Edit: Also, let me add one more thing. I grew up in NYC, and it has gotten much colder than the 22 degrees it is now, which is actually rather normal. I very much remember single digits during the daytime. I even got frostbite on my ear once when I walked to school when the trains stopped running.

You can't just pick today or this week's temperatures... But, if we start collecting reports of lower than usual temperatures during a period of time and if we remember Hansen's predictions from the 1st time he stood up in front of the Senate and then 10 years later, they are quite different from reality. ALL HIS PREVIOUS COMPUTER MODELS PREDICTED MUCH HIGHER TEMPERATURES after 1998, we are not experiencing them now and we didn't experience them in the last 8 years either...thus those predictions were WRONG.

Why people can't see that, what makes them so confident about Hansen's new predictions for the next 100 years, knowing that he has been systematically wrong since 1974? It does sound very Orwell's 1984! Which is freaky!

I read this statement from another answer: ".. the IPCC doesn't make short-term predictions ..." I DISAGREE! they predict that our lives are in immediate danger if we don't act RIGHT NOW, isn't that a short term prediction, or what?

Cmon Jimmbbo, you already know the answer. Its not "global warming" anymore, we're on to "climate change" now. Of course where I live the climate changes four times a year so i'm at a loss to what their talking about.

The report from the EPA that showed that the temp is actually cooling for the past ten years has been suppressed because it is not what the elite want to promote.

I know that back in the early 60's these same bull slings were warning of the coming Ice Age. Same reason.

Global Warning is BS. Mars is also heating up by the same % as the earth. It is a cycle that our Solar System goes through ever 40 years or so. Cooling then warming then cooling then warming and so on...

Chicken Little is running in Washington screaming "oh the sky is falling." Its just called Global Warming....

The people who buy into the BS have been drinking to much kool-aid.

And now Dana's telling us that it was the second WARMEST June on record......

(By the way the NOAA report isn't even out yet: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/2009/...

Yes, that's Orwellian.

Sorry - there are multiple data sets, I'm well-traveled and know people in other cities, almost all of whom say the same thing (it's been noticeably cool this year), I have to go with the data set that agrees with my first-hand experience and second-hand evidence.

It's not one city on one day - it's not any one piece of anecdotal evidence - it's the sum of all of them. Mountains of anecdotal evidence.

And the bit about "one year versus decades" is completely off-base - - - the temperatures rose from the late 1970s to the late 1990s, and then leveled off. That was TWO decades of warming followed by ONE decade of flat temperatures.

As far as I am aware IPCC models predict warming of several degrees by the end of the century for the globe, they make no mention of specific cooling in Binghamton and Rochester in New York and Hartford, CT for mid July 2009. This is about the world not a handful of states in the NE of the US

It's not supposed to be taken literally ('warming'). Global warming just means that temperatures temporarily increase, the poles melt, the ocean level rises, and the weather changes according to the warm air storms that are caused. This is just a vague description -it is estimated that countries such as the Netherlands or the state of Florida will be under water by 2050, and an ice age will occur in return.

:)

I predicted their answer(greenies) when i read your question!

MY prediction of what they would of typed up! "Temperature aren't cold enough" or "Its meant to be colder" or "Not colder then the average temperature"

• Rich

They won't quit just because their poster child grew up normal. The Global Warming "fix" will become a Versailles Treaty, and our version of Woodrow Wilson, who is touted by his supporters to save the world, will make a carbon tax or cap and trade deal that will drive us to economic collapse and world war.

Question is: will we have the courage to decline, like the generations past? They still had to fight in the war, but they didn't precipitate the conflict.