jɑɪɱɛϊɜ asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

What wont my hair stay "teased"?

No matter how much a tease or spray my hair it wont stay up. It never fails, a few minutes later it always falls down and looks stupid...

What can I do to ensure it will stay up? I use TREsemme hair spray, so what products would be best?

Thanks!!♥

I have really thick hair, and I've never really teased it before...so could it not be used to it or something?

Wow! Thanks for all your answers everyone...! They are all so helpful, I'm not quite sure which one to choose for the best...

Favorite Answer

is your hair naturally straight?

mine does that alot.

how about just blow dry it upsidedown. and hairspray it.

:]]

Take the top layer, or a big section of your hair around the crown from the top. (as if you were doing a half up hair do) Then hair spray the roots. Then put the ponytail or bobby pin in but push that section up. Leave it in for about 5-10 minutes, then tease it. Usually the tease won't stay in if it's not parted right. You can also buy bump its for $9.98 at sallys, walmart, walgreens, cvs pharmacy, target, a lot of department stores. They give you a bump without having to struggle to tease your hair. Also, after you take a shower, come your hair back and put it into a ponytail, then leave it in there until your hair is completely dry, then your hair will already be perfectly parted for the teasing. If you straighten all of your hair, then put your hair in a ponytail after you straighten it. It again, will give you the right part, and you will even see a little increase in volume. Make sure when you're teasing, that you take a little chunk of hair and push it to the side for a minute, then tease the hair that's under that. Only tease the roots, remember comb towards the roots and not back up. Do it about 10 times, then let go. Remember the top chunks that you pushed to the side? Now take that and place it over the teased parts, (so your hair won't look tangly) THEN hairspray that, and then optionally put a bobby pin in to hold your hair like that until 5-10 minutes later and you let go and your hair is big beautiful and doesn't look tangly. I hope I helped. Sorry it's so long just trying to get all the details in :)

Try using Big Sexy Hair products. They give fantastic volume.

Watch when you are teasing that you are doing it close to the scalp as opposed to middle of the shaft because that will just make it puffy on the sides. When it comes to hairspray I know I already suggested to you Big Sexy Hair but the spray is really fantastic though it makes it a little crispy to the touch but it holds for hours.

oh and also try blow drying the hair against the way it falls. That will help with the volume even before teasing!

Good luck and happy hair days!

Use a shampoo for oily hair and do not apply any conditioner, if you must, just apply a small amount at the ends. Remember to tease at the very roof of your hair with a very closed teeth comb. Spray before teasing and after

Use a product to lift your roots like a volumizing spray. Also, Aussie instant freeze is a really good hair spray. For teasing, i suggest aeresol. Spray it on after you tease. To get more volume, blowdry and straighten your hair upside down. Put the hairspray on upside down too and wait for it to dry, only a few seconds.

Make sure the tease gets all the way down to the roots, use a comb and press it down. Tease in small chunks bc it is easier to get out and it holds up better.

Hope i helped.

• try to use Rave hairspray! it's like heaven in... umm, a spray can. hahaha.

also, try to tease your hair in smaller sections, so the hair can get more teased and is more likely to stay up. get a good quality teasing comb, which has its teeth very thin and close together, and a pointy end, and backcomb until the roots are very tangled and teased. then spray over with Rave =]

good luck, hun! if you need any more tips, just contact me or something. hehe

I have uber thick hair and mine falls down too. I've only tried to tease it once or twice and I think the main reasons it won't stay up is because it's too thick and my layers on top are too long. Gonna go get it cut soon, I'll let you know if that helps.

you don't want to use too much hair spray b/c it will weigh your hair down use white rain or aqua net amazing hair spray and when you backcomb your hair use about a one inch section spray the root 1-2 times then do the rest of your head fix it the way you want then a few sprays when your finished

• unrue

I even have great curly hair too. you may desire to speculate in solid kit and solid styling products. i exploit Frederic Fekkai rapidly away earlier employing a moist/dry straightener. I finger comb rapidly away with the aid of moist hair. Then i exploit the T3 Tourmaline moist to Dry hair straightener to straighten and dry my hair on the comparable time. i exploit the least volume of Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream when I straighten it to comfortable out any hairs that isn't lay flat. I rub a tiny volume on my palms and ever so gently comfortable it over my hair. i do no longer finger comb it with the aid of. do no longer use too lots or it's going to make your hair look greasy. you should purchase the hair products at Sephora and in case you do unlike them, they have the perfect return coverage and enable you to return the products even although you already tried them. aim has additionally presently began donning those hair products. additionally, seek the internet for the T3 for a decrease cost. i offered mine on Overstock and saved approximately $50.

AHH I HAVE THE SAME PROB!here is what i do:O

i blow dry my hair. while im drying it i take like a comb or something and i tease my roots while im drying them with the blow dryer. the hairspray i use is by herbal essences lol i can't spell. its called set me up and its maimum hold. its in a greenish bluish colored can.after i spray my hair and let it dry, i tease the roots one more time and then i respray for the best hold. it usually lasts all day for me at least untill i take a shower lol. >>oh and could u answer my question? heres the link >http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkMkP...

try any light type of spray gel, maybe a mousse... but dont use hairspray! Mine was the say way, and hairspray just adds too much weight to the hair so it falls