Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

In your opinion, Is The new movie Bruno Offensive?

This movie has just been released worldwide, but so people might think that Sasha is 'mocking' the gay community in a negative way? How do you think people will interpret this? Just some fun, and a joke, or a negatively sarcastic representation of gay pride?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i felt very disappointed after watching Bruno. it was just not nearly as original or creative as Borat. the cringes outnumber the laughs. be warned that the male nudity is EXTREME. i have no idea how they got away with a R rating.

Source(s): Fair & Balanced
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I've been following news on this movie - people seem pretty divided. Salon says it's toxic to gays, and interestingly says that Sacha Baron Cohen’s performance is actually the most homophobic thing in the movie. His victims aren’t hostile, just “mute with discomfort, politely waiting for the moment of childish provocation to pass.”

However, the NY Times seems to brush these concerns off in their review.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It really depends on who you are. A gay person may find some of the things in the movie offensive, whereas a straight person may find them funny.The movie isn't supposed to be offensive and mocking, so people shouldn't take it that way.

• 1 decade ago

It is extremely offensive. It portrays gay people as sick and sex-crazed. This is a serious distortion of reality. There are plenty of straight people who are sex-obsessed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

some parts made me laugh, but i feel guilty for seeing that movie. it was really offensive. it sure raised the bar.

• 1 decade ago

I have no idea, but I find the commercials offensive. i think any intelligent person would.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

IT IS TOTAL TRASH,THAT ACTOR SHOULD BE GIVEN 50 LASHES IN PUBLIC.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.