promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Anyone know if a battery charger for a car can be used to charge a scooter battery?

It a 100cc scooter - dont know if that makes any difference?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • John E
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes and no. It depends on the charger. It should be a 1.5 to 4 amp charger. Anything more than that will be too much for a small scooter battery. 2 amp is ideal. Some chargers put out a steady amount of current and others adjust to what the battery needs. The variable rate chargers are best because you are less likely to overcharge it and boil it.

Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • bobweb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, any battery charger that says it can charge that voltage battery is ok to use. For example if the car battery charger is for 12 volt car batteries, and your scooter has a 12 volt battery, then you can use it. But you should remove the water filler caps while your charging it on the lowest Amps charger setting selectable on the charger. A 2 Amp or 10 Amp charging rate would be fine. At 10 Amps you only need to charge it for 4 hours.

• 1 decade ago

yes it can, the battery is smaller though and will take a charge quickly, don't over charge it. Also for about $10 you can get what is called a trickle charger, it keeps your battery always charged, they are great for bikes and scooters.

Source(s): 3 motorcycles
  • If your scooter is 12 volts then yes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes you can use it on any 12 volt battery. You can even use it on a lawn mower battery.

• 1 decade ago

i dont think so, i had to get a special 12 volt battery charger for my ninja /bike - you may burn yr battery out

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, but if it has 2 setting (rapid) and (trickle) use the trickle setting.

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.