How do you feel about assisted suicide?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090714/ap_on_re_eu/eu...

I think it's absolutely macabre. To have people think that their life is not worth living that they'd take it themselves. To live in an environment that puts an onus on older people to have them think that their lives are too hard to live.

It's completely revolting to me. Life is precious. Everyone should be aware it is.

I don't think I'm close minded at all. I do think that because of old age, depression or whatever, people can decieve themselves that their life is not worth living. Well, it is. No matter what.

You talk to or read about people in death camps. they considered life to be the most precious thing in the world. We ought to make sure people know that.

Animals are animals.

Human beings are human beings.

Human beings are NOT animals. I agree human beings behave like animals sometimes and we have to put those into cages but humans beings are NOT animals. It's not the same thing. A human life is precious.

Well that's too bad you feel that. I REALLY feel sorry for the miserable life you must have. to feel that way.

Well, don't worry life is worth living. And human beings are a wonderful creation.

Favorite Answer

that's crazy. suicide is suicide no matter how you do it. God gave you life and he is the only one that can take it..that's my thought about it.

• And you're completely close-minded. Can you say that you know and understand how 6 billion people in the world, feel? You only know how you feel, and you're basing your opinion off of that. A little biased, maybe?

Edit: What gives you the right to claim that it's a fact life is worth living just because YOU feel that way? What makes your opinion more correct than someone else's? People in death camps consider life precious because they were wrongfully kept from living a life that they WANTED to live. Some people don't happen to feel that way. And the fact that you're not able to comprehend that, does indeed make you close-minded. Also, it's because of people such as yourself that humanity is such sh*t, and animals are more worthy of a life than most humans are.

Edit: I'd rather be miserable than a delusional idiot.

• Kat*

Not to criticize your opinion, but some people would rather not live out their last years in pain and agony, spending thousands on hospital bills and making everyone around them suffer the pain of watching them go through it all. Assisted suicide in a hospital for people who are living much less than comfortable lives and are depending on machines to keep them living is okay in my book. Many people would much rather go out peacefully when they're ready, than live in misery for days, weeks, months or years beforehand.

We euthanize animals to spare them pain and suffering, why shouldn't we give ourselves as humans the same courtesy?

i would never pretend to know what it is like to walk in another mans shoes. I am for & against it...From what the article read the couple made the choice to die together. Life is precious i agree but there are some thingsin life- worse than death...

I think assisted suicide, fir the sake of suicide and getting rid of older people is atroushis .

However, there is times assisted suicide(euthanasia) is more humane than letting the individual suffer. I have seen many relatives in so much pain from cancer and other ailments, that they were dying anyway. So assisted suicide, would have alowed them to avoid the pain and choose there death.

If animals are entitled to die to aviod pain so shouldn't humans?

That person in committing murder, it is wrong to take life no matter what method is used.

you're right we can't know or feel with others

I ThInK iT iS NaWt O k!

Source(s): I LUv U JoE JoNaS!