Thanks. While this list still needs work, you helped me think through some things to include in my future syllabi!
1. To show up at the appointed times and places to class.
2. To buy the book or other required materials and bring them to class, if asked.
3. To do all readings and assignments by the time they are required.
4. To show up to class ready to listen, participate, and learn (awake and substance-free).
5. To avoid noise, smells, and other things which might distract other students.
6. To read the syllabus and ensure that s/he understands what is expected of him/her.
7. To put aside sufficient time to study, including extra time for exams, projects, and papers.
8. To cooperate with team members on group projects, taking responsibility for doing her/his share.
9. To keep copies of all returned assignments as evidence that they were submitted and graded.
10. To be be honest and ethical in the completion of classwork, avoiding plagiarism or other forms of academic dishonesty.
11. To listen to and accept that others (the instructor or other students) may have opinions and/or reactions different from those which s/he may have.
12. To participate in class appropriately, neither sitting in stony silence throughout the course, nor talking constantly.
13. To keep all discussion and work civil, avoiding profanity or other rudeness or offensive comments.
14. To inform the instructor immediately if an emergency prevents the completion of an exam, paper, or other assignment as scheduled.
15. To accept the consequences of his/her own mistakes and not try to argue the instructor out of them (as when missed homework results in a grade reduction).
16. To accept the grade assigned, as long as it is without calculation errors and meets the criteria set out in the syllabus.