Seriously! Why WONT God heal Amputees?

I'm not trying to bait anyone, Christians TRULY believe that God sometimes heals cancer from people....how is that different than healing an Amputee?

Why is one exceptable to expect and the other Blasphemous to expect?

Both require God reaching down and healing a sick person, and yet he supposedly does one more frequently than the other....in fact he has NEVER, in the whole history of the recorded medical practice, healed an amputee.......why not?

It all seems very suspicious...

Smile! - I agree, but you don't need God to Heal :) I think its interesting that Christians are staying away from this.....they always do with the tough questions :)

KDanley - "Is it God's job to replace limbs? Why should he? He allowed the limb to be lost in the first place."

Is it God's place to cure cancer or get people jobs or bring back lost loves, or lost puppies, or lost Kitties? You are excepting one idea and rejecting the other, just like I said you would.

"Besides, even if someone claims that God replaced their arm, most atheists would refuse to believe it"

You are right, If a man or woman walked up to me and said that God replaced their lost arm, and had no other proof other than anecdotes, you are right I would reject their claim, and so should you! But I have a feeling that most Christians are so desperate for God to be real that they will believe ANY claim someone makes just for the possibility that its real.

Now if I had medical documentation that an arm regrew itself, I might not claim it was God, but It would certainly open my mind to the possibilities.

Now He knows what it would take, lets see if anything happens.

Zero Cool - Exactly!

Best Answer

Probably because God doesn't exist.

If God healed amputees, that would take away their free will of not having an arm. On a serious note, the only reason that "God" can "cure" cancer is because of the hard work of scientists and doctors. If science ever finds a way for a person to replace a lost limb with a fully-functioning one (and not just a prosthesis), I'm sure that some religious people would claim that would it was God's doing as well.

Humans current condition is making Jehovah God sad.

He has to remain 'hands off' for now as it is the time for people to be looking for Him in faith and not by miracles.

If he healed all who suffered then He becomes a sharer in their sin.

Miraculous healing is not being used today by true Christians as all it would prove is that they follow for what they get out of the relationship. (as per satans accusation in Job)

Amputees are often the victims of crime, violence, war or of risk-taking life choices . . if that is the case . . do you differentiate between those born as amputees and those who make decisions that end up causing their disability?

The time for the miraculous healing af all of mankinds problems is soon at hand . . but only for those who prove faithful to Gods commands now.

Ask the J.W's who call on you next visit.

God has never healed a single person ever in history. Not once, not ever. Healing thru prayer is superstition and does nothing but insult doctors and scientists who are actually smart enough to go to school for 12 years AFTER HIGH SCHOOL!!!

why hasn't God ever healed an amputee, because God heals no one.

Is it God's job to replace limbs? Why should he? He allowed the limb to be lost in the first place.

Besides, even if someone claims that God replaced their arm, most atheists would refuse to believe it.

• People keep saying "Yeah, why should he? People can get along fine without limbs."

I suppose the same question could be asked in regards to God granting sight to a blind man in the Bible. Blind people get along just fine without their sight and yet God saw fit to bestow sight upon a blind man... why? Why did God do that, when the guy could have gotten along fine without his sight, when at the same time God WON'T heal amputees?

• Darcy

Because sometimes the Lord calms the seas, others he calms the sailor. If he went around healing every little thing that goes wrong in existence we wouldn't have to rely on faith would we? That takes away from the whole point of us being here, we need to learn to trust God without being able to see him if we ever want to be able to return to his presence.

apparently, there have never been 2 or more Christians who got together and prayed, asking for it to happen. the bible clearly states that if 2 christians will ask god for something, it will be granted:

from Matthew: (KJV)

18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

or for those who like the lite version (the NIV):

18:19 Furthermore, truly I tell you that if two of you agree on earth about anything you request, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

18:20 For where two or three have come together in my name, I am there among them."

i guess it means that quite simply, nobody has thought to pray for it to happen. could it be that maybe never have 2 christians have ever prayed for such a miracle? yes, that must be it

oh wait...that doesn't make any sense. i've heard about good christian parents who prayed for babies not to die...

well, in that case, it's either 1) jesus lied 2) the bible is wrong 3) god doesn't exist

i would go for # 3

i wonder Heal amputees, because your so negative that Satan has you believen that God cant heal amputees. do you have faith that God can. ive people be raised from the dead, people who are on their death beds and walk out the hospital as if they should have not been there, ive seen ppl have silver teeth in a blink of an put in their mouth by God, ( my parents have a silver tooth from God) you dont have power to heal people, God uses christians to heal people, we are just a tool, Satan wants you to think their is no God, he cant heal, he has no power. i cannot guarrentee you God will not heal all amputees, why because not everyone has faith in him, not everyone goes to him when they are sick, they go to the stupid doctors. oh yeah by the way, my pastor had cancer, and God healed him. i rebuke satans demonic religous view he has put over your eyes and mind in the Name of Jesus. My God Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god heals people all the time the good things that happen are from god like people surviving disasters and diseases but when you ask what caused them well it was natural and god doesn't get involved how convenient religious people have an anawer for everything i'm not sure how much acctually makes sense though

I think God lets misfortunate conditions happen for a reason such as to open peoples hearts so that they may feel for other people, to be humbled, to recognize our own problems/imperfections may be insignificant and to realize that we are more alike than different

Sometimes God may use unfortunate conditions to illustrate concepts such as the spirit is stronger than the body.