what does p11 31 swirl control solenoid valve function?

I own a 2001 nissian pathfinder and my service engine light came on and the code read: p11 31 swirl control solenoid valve function. Does anyone know what that does? How much it costs? Or what that means? PLEASE HELP ME PEOPLE!! Thank you!

Favorite Answer

The Nissan KA engine has butterflies in the intake manifold on each cylinder intake port which induces swirl in the combustion chamber for better vaporization of the fuel/air mixture and better combustion. The butterflies are on a shaft running through the intake manifold and on the end of the manifold there is a lever (aka swirl control valve) controlling the shaft which is activated by a solenoid which is controlled by the ECM. I expect either the shaft is seized and the lever is not functioning or the SCV solenoid controlling the lever is not functioning.

Edit note: I just discovered that the 2001 Pathfinder has a VQ series V6 engine and I don't know if it has swirl inducing butterflies in the intake manifold as the 4 cylinder KA engines do but I suppose it does if you are getting that diagnostic trouble code.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): p11 31 swirl control solenoid valve function: https://biturl.im/ddwcX