is yahoo mail a pop3 or imap server?

Favorite Answer

You can also check your yahoo email incoming(POP3) and outgoing server(IMAP) address on your yahoo mail itself so that it will be helpful to you when you will going to enter your incoming(POP3) and outgoing Address when you configure your yahoo account in outlook , please follow below steps :

Open yahoo inbox then Upper right corner, click OPTIONS then mail options and then in the left navigation pane see pop and forwarding then set up edit and pop & forwarding, then in the top sections web and pop access then click pop and settings, check out your yahoo incoming and outgoing mail server that will be used when you are going to set your mail in outlook express.

Many Thanks

Note: But don’t try to edit these settings of your yahoo mail account otherwise might be some problem will occur when you try to open your yahoo mail Account.

Or try this:

Incoming Mail Server [POP3] - pop.mail.yahoo.com with port 110

Outgoing Mail Server [SMTP] - smtp.mail.yahoo.com with port 25

I hope this will be helpful for you

Many thanks

If you want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and a new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.

Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)

Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com")

Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., user@yahoo.com)

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

If you can't add new POP or SMTP servers, you'll need to change your current server settings to access your Yahoo! Mail Plus account. Write down your current settings first—you might need to revert to them later if you decide to send and receive messages from your other email addresses.

Your other email program will give you the option of either deleting your Yahoo! messages from the Yahoo! server after downloading them, or leaving them on the Yahoo! server so you can see them online in your Yahoo! account, too.

I believe this will answer your question

Yahoo! Mail Settings

Unlike Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)

Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)

NOTE: Please remember to pick a best answer by clicking on the THUMBS UP at the end of the answer you choose....thanx

G O D bless the U S A

• johnny4 years agoReport

my E mail is- johnnywboone@att.net, I cannot log in with my cel ph. i teied pop 3 port 110 & out going port 25 i think that for a yahoo.com, my E Mail, att.net ? still cannot log on..thanks ..jboone

johnnywboone@att.net what is pop server & port ?

• johnny4 years agoReport

im trying to get my E Mail to log on with my cell phone,ive never had this rouble befor,? johnnywboone@att.net what is pop server & port

imap