• Science & Mathematics >
  • Mathematics
  • Science & Mathematics >
  • Mathematics

What is the largest named real number you know of?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
First i heard of googol which is 10^100 the on top of that i heard of googolplex which is 10^googol or 10^(10^100)then on top of that i heard of googolplexian which is 10^googolplex ...show more
Best Answer
Infinity, kind of. But for finite numbers, you can construct names for arbitrarily large numbers - you might appreciate the link attached.

P.S. How about a googolplexianth! (that's factorial). Or better yet - there's a mathematical operator "$":

1$ = 1!
2$ = 2!!
3$ = 3!!! ~= 2.6 x 10^1746

How about a googolplexianth$ ?

Source:

• Comment

Other Answers (3)

Relevance
  • Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Lexi answered 12 months ago
    A googolplexianth! That's a googolplexian plus one. ^-^
    • Comment
  • Hybrid answered 3 months ago
    THERE IS NO LARGEST NUMBER. I KNOW A BIGGER NUMBER! A GOOGOLPLEXIANTH AND ONE! AND BESIDES, A SCIENTEST COULD ALWAYS COME UP WITH ANOTHER "BIGGEST" NUMBER! SO FOR NOW, SCIENTIFICALLY, THE LARGEST NUMBER KNOWN IS A GOOGOLPLEXIANTH.
    • Comment
  • akshaytumber answered 6 years ago
    there is no largest number since you can always add one to get the next largest number :)
    • 1 comment
  • What is the largest named real number you know of?
    First i heard of googol which is 10^100 the on top of that i heard of googolplex which is 10^googol or 10^(10^100)then on top of that i heard of googolplexian which is 10^googolplex or 10^10^(10^100)and the final biggest number i know of is googolplexianth googolplex^googolplex know there is no largest number because you can just add one and you could just do like gogolplexian^googolplexian or googolplexianth^googolplexianth but those numbers aren't named yet and once they are you can just do those to the power of themselves so that is just pointless so can someone please just tell me what the largest existing real named number is and what it's value is please. Just as a fact it is impossible to write out googolplex or anything higher because the area of the known universe is less than the amount of space it would take to write out that number. Thank you in advance.
    Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock