Please rate/comment on Fantasy Baseball Team?

C: John Baker

1B: Aubrey Huff

2B: Emilio Bonifacio

3B: Chipper Jones

SS: Ryan Theriot

OF: Josh Hamilton

OF: Raul Ibanez

OF: Justin Upton

Util: BJ Upton

BN: Cody Ross

BN: Johnny Damon

SP: Zach Duke

SP: Randy Wolf

RP: Joakim Soria

RP: Scott Downs

P: Ryan Sadowski

P: Tommy Hanson

BN: Wandy Rodriguez

BN: Fransisco Liriano (hoping he has usual second half surge)

BN: Ricky Nolasco

DL: Jake Peavy

DL: Edinson Volquez

I was thinking about picking up Jorge Cantu, due to Chipper's health concerns and Bonifacio's streakiness, but there's no one I want to drop, despite Cantu shaping up to be a .280, 25 HR, 90 RBI guy.

And no, this isn't a small league (actually 12 teams), so don't think that other ppl were stupid to let me draft such a team. Most of my pitchers are waiver guys anyways.

Favorite Answer

hmm. overall, i like your team. as for picking up cantu, i say do it and drop chipper. sounds ludicrous, i know, as chipper is one of the best 3rd basemen of al time, but in my opinion, the man is done. i had him in one of my leagues, and following the groin injury i was just finished. he's in a horrendous slump, old and fragile, and on top of that i had hamiton coming off the DL and had to do it. cantu is a better fantasy option then jones, and it's insane that he's been sitting on waivers so long, especially in a 12 team league. grab him ASAP.

now, on to rating your team...

catcher: bad. you have an extra OF in damon, and even though he isn't doing so well right now, i'd go ahead and trust him anyway- he will bounce back. try to trade one of your more appealing OF, such as either upton, for a better C. you might include a pitcher as a throw-in, considering from the looks of it you're waaaay ahead on your innings pitched.when peavy/volquez come back they should be able to eat up anything you trade off, so considering including a pitcher (like downs) in your quest for a good catcher. in theory, a bj upton/downs deal could land you mccann or mauer.

i dont like emilio bonifcacio at 2nd. if asdrubal cabrera is still avilable in your league, pick him up instead. he just came off a lengthy DL stint, but before he went down he was tearing it up and no he's picking up where he left off. the rest of your hitting is good, and i like your pitching except for sadowski-- i've never heard of that guy and have no idea who he is.

overall i rate your team 7.5/10 and my guess is that you're in 4th or 5th place in your league. am i right?

I have to agree with the others on this, the only thing about your team that I like, well some what like, is your OF. And really the only one I see in the OF that is a stud pick would be Raul.

YOUR IFs need a lot of help (2B & SS) You have a strong OF that should not be benched at all meaning you have too many good OFs you should trade both for better 2B or SS or even a CLOSER...the SP is good.

in a 12 team league you should be able to do much much better in your infield.

especially at 1B - your outfield is ok if healthy but you have got to have other options.

The only part of your team I like is your outfield. Very bad team.

Your entire infield is terrible. Your outfield is good. Okay pitching... overall a C-

Your team sucks it is horrible 12 teams you are in 11th or 12th.

I thik its ok but you could do some upgrading.