Luis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What Do These Spanish Words Mean In English?

While I was walking home tonight from work , These Spanish Guys Called me Words like "Puno" , "Mocoso" , "Marica , "Maripossa", " Beso" What does those words mean in English? If There curses I'm Going outside swinging.

And "LOCOOO"

Favorite Answer

You were being insulted, whether in a mean or a friendly manner I can't say. 'Marica' is a Spanish street word for a male homosexual, 'mariposa' means butterfly, 'puno' you possibly misheard for 'puto' which means male prostitute, 'beso' means a kiss. I'm not familiar with 'mocoso'. "Loco' means crazy. Think twice before going out swinging. Young Latino males have a cultural impetus to hurl out epithets such as these, but more often than not there is no serious intent behind them.

• Karan

Most of the answers have it right. Puno, however poses a problem because you mention some Spanish guys. Were you in Spain? Spanish is spoken in many other nations, not just Spain, but most of Latin America for starters. In Mexico that word could mean a number of things, and locooo can mean weirdo or a number of other meanings. You need to specify where this happened because meanings are sometimes regional.

• ries

Marica In English

• j c

One question, do you speak Spanish?

Puno, never heard of it before today. If these guys were Peruvian, it could be a racial slur incorporated to Spanish.

Mocoso - is snotty brat

Marica and Mariposa - are slurs for gay

Beso - kiss

Loco - Crazy or nut

You are being insulted.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): spanish words english: https://shortly.im/Y2qfr

Puno- mostly likely calling you gay

mocoso- it's like a little insult that they use on kids.

Marica-gay (very offensive way though liek fag)

mariposa- literally it means butterfly but when someone calls you that it means fag too.

Beso- kiss? I dont get that one..

Loco- crazy

Source(s): Native Speaker

Puto = male prostitute

Mocoso = young boy(runing nose)

Marica and Mariposa = gay

Beso = Kiss

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avkb6

Mierda and caca it is the same, mierda is more rude than caca. Miercoles is a Colombian and venezuela expression, although it means Wednesday what they means is just like in English when you day. holly **** and holly cow

As others have said, it would help to have more context regarding these words being used towards you.

"puño" = fist

more likely they said "puto" = male prostitute

"mocoso" = little brat - not to be confused with "mucoso" = mucous

"marica" or "maricón" = literally, "ladybug" but the connotation is "homosexual". Actually, it's more like the American slang term that rhymes with "maggot". Very improper, when meant to insult.

"mariposa" = butterfly, but again....similar to "marica" above

"beso" = "kiss", or "I kiss"

"loco" = crazy or having an disordered mind/thought process. The accentuating of the final vowel adds to intent. I don't have context to go on here, but it could have been that they feel "loco" because of your presence, or they find you seem "loco".

In short, it's hard to tell if you were being salaciously flirted with by some "Spanish Guys" who are homosexual, or they reverted to the male stereotype of making fun of you by trying to demean your sexually via what I would consider egregiously offense terms, whether gay or straight.

Not cool.

¡¡¡oh...poor guy

well...lóco = crazy

béso = kiss

marica(maricón) = gay

mocóso = young_fragile

All the words you wrote..are gramatically correct....that does mean you perfectly know ...translation!