If Laura Bush and her daughters flew to Paris for a shopping trip (at taxpayer expense)?

during the recession that George W. inherited from Clinton, or after the stock market tumble following September 11th, would it have been reported negatively by the U.S. media? I only ask because Michele took the kids on a multimillion dollar taxpayer supported shopping trip (if you count the extra security, jet... show more during the recession that George W. inherited from Clinton, or after the stock market tumble following September 11th, would it have been reported negatively by the U.S. media? I only ask because Michele took the kids on a multimillion dollar taxpayer supported shopping trip (if you count the extra security, jet fuel, motor convoys, and of course, the money she spent) to Paris and nobody seemed to care.

Does this make sense to you, or has the media adopted a "Let them eat cake" attitude like the First Lady seems to have.
Update: LOL! la la, I couldn't have put it better myself.
Update 2: Here's the report: While President Barack Obama headed back to the United States on Sunday after a trip to the Middle East and Europe, First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia stayed in Paris for a brief holiday. The first lady and girls went shopping at a high-end Left Bank store for... show more Here's the report:

While President Barack Obama headed back to the United States on Sunday after a trip to the Middle East and Europe, First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia stayed in Paris for a brief holiday.

The first lady and girls went shopping at a high-end Left Bank store for children, which opened its doors early just for the Obamas.

In some parts of the city, crowds lined the streets, with supporters taking pictures of the Obama motorcade amid heavy police security.

The Obama family trip to Paris included a tour of the Notre Dame cathedral; dinner at a neighborhood bistro near the Eiffel Tower (Mr. and Mrs. Obama only); a visit to the Pompidou Center; a modern art museum; and a drive along the Champs Elysees and the Place de la Concorde.

The first family also celebrated Sasha's 8th birthday in France this weekend."

And the link: http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/national...
Update 3: Who do you think paid for the flight, the trip, the motorcade, and the security? If it's free, I want to go, too.