VW CDC Hardware error. How to fix it? (Without taking to the dealer)?

I own a 2005 VW new Jetta. Last week when I was listening to a CD I switched to the FM radio which is a normal task that I've done without any issues in the past. But at that time I suddently got the following error message on the audio unit display: "CDC Hardware error". Since then the CD player of... show more I own a 2005 VW new Jetta. Last week when I was listening to a CD I switched to the FM radio which is a normal task that I've done without any issues in the past. But at that time I suddently got the following error message on the audio unit display: "CDC Hardware error". Since then the CD player of the Audio unit is not functioning at all (It freezez and reads: "Please wait.." then it reads: "CDC hardware error" again...the CD eject and insert, etc. don't work either). The Radio works with issues; every 2 minutes it gives the same error "CDC hardware error", then radio works ok for another 2 minutes. Is there anyway I could repair the unit without taking to the dealership? They charge outrageous fees for little issues and I obviously no longer have the warranty.
Extra details: The audio unit has a CD changer with 6 slots, MP3 playing capability (No ipod connection).