Best College Major? How to decide?

Hi so im going to be a junior in high school and this is when grades really matter and i need to start taking SATs. I have a 3.8 GPA and wish to go to University of Washington. I live in Northern California and my dad wishes me to stay in CA because of its great UC schools. I'm a very social Talkative person... show more Hi so im going to be a junior in high school and this is when grades really matter and i need to start taking SATs. I have a 3.8 GPA and wish to go to University of Washington. I live in Northern California and my dad wishes me to stay in CA because of its great UC schools. I'm a very social Talkative person and i guess what you would call a people person. I like to debate or argue over nothing. So i am considering a lawyer or somewhere along the lines of comminications/ sociology. What kind of jobs can i get with that?

I am pretty good in biology( i find the human body interesting not marine life, im taking honors anatomy next year) and chemistry because math is a strong point for me, not enlglish or history. What
major would you suggest for me?

i also play softball and have a chance of getting a scholarship to a D 3 school or something small. So In your opinion, What do you think is more important, picking a good major that has alot of job opportunities or a well known college?

Oh does anyone know What UW is known for? like engineering or med school