Should I take this guy seriously?

I have been friends with this guy for over 10 years. 7 years ago we started to date and then we backed off for various reasons, one being I moved across the country. I moved back recently. Now, he has been calling regularly and I don't know if I should really take him seriously. I asked him about his... show more I have been friends with this guy for over 10 years. 7 years ago we started to date and then we backed off for various reasons, one being I moved across the country. I moved back recently.

Now, he has been calling regularly and I don't know if I should really take him seriously. I asked him about his intentions and he wants to be friends first. I don't know, why would a guy pursue someone this long? We really have been circling the airport now for 7 years.

He used to date a lot of women, I don't know if I can trust him. I thought he just liked the chase and we do have a lot of chemistry but really, it's been a long LONG time.