Looking for "that" bike (motorcycle)?

As my title says, I am looking for "that" bike, the bike which speaks to me, says 'I am the one for you'. Originally I was looking for a crouch rocket style bike, I saw a 2009 Honda Rebel. The body style of the bike I absolutly loved. It had a very vintage look to it, and therefore I fell in... show more As my title says, I am looking for "that" bike, the bike which speaks to me, says 'I am the one for you'. Originally I was looking for a crouch rocket style bike, I saw a 2009 Honda Rebel. The body style of the bike I absolutly loved. It had a very vintage look to it, and therefore I fell in love.

However, there was a problem: it only has 250cc. I drive on the 15 free way (for all of those in SoCal you know the traffic), and the traffic is way to free and the people drive way too fast. Me, I am 5'11 and weigh over 200, so it would not take much to top out at.

So I am asking is what bike could I get that has a similar look to the honda rebel, has at least 600cc and no more that $6,000.

Any help is a greatly appreciated as I plan on buying a bike within 3 months.
Update: Sorry I didn't add before but im not a new rider. I have been riding since I was 5, just I had to sell my bike a couple years back seeing how old it was and I was not qualified to work on it.