Lakewine asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What would it take for a team to land Roy Halladay?

Alright all you GMs out there, put together your best trade proposal for Toronto Blue Jay's ace Roy Halladay. And please, don't offer up your #5 starter, your #8 hitter, a third-string catcher, and single-A prospect.

As a Dodger's GM, here's my package:

Catcher Russell Martin

Rightfielder Andre Ethier

Pitcher Chad Billingsley

Infielder Blake Dewitt

Reliever Scott Elbert

Top rated prospect Andrew Lambo

Dodgers also get C Rod Barajas in the exchange.

Good Luck!

Touched a nerve. Nice to know so many Dodgers fans aren't asleep at the switch. Of course, I only heard one alternate proposal.

Phillies 2008 WS Championship - If Philly has the best shot of landing Halladay, what's it gonna take?

Favorite Answer

It would probably take:

Ian Kinsler (former All Star)

Derek Holland (pitcher)

Justin Smoak (top prospect)

Neftali Feliz (Futures game starter)

I don't like the sounds of that.. I don't see Texas getting him lol

• Fungo

I'm the GM of the Blue Jays - I'll take that trade without any further discussion.

Two everyday players (Dodgers #1 C and #1 RF) a starting pitcher and a utility infielder for a player (Halladay) who pitches every 5th game..? YES!!!!

The Dodgers would quickly fall into a race with the Giants for the NL West. And Joe Torre would develop an ulcer.

You're nuts trading that much for Halladay! That just goes to show you why you're not a GM.

Martin, Dewitt, and Broxton makes a lot more sense.

If you were the Dodgers GM and that trade just went through you would have traded away your entire young talented team for one pitcher, who happens to be 32 years old and not 22 years old like most of the people you're trading.

Halladay is the best pitcher in the game but he's not worth all of that.

• haver

I actual have a feeling that checklist isn't likely everywhere in a rush. in accordance to Boston communicate radio, as I have no direct communication with J. P. Ricciardi, the Jays choose the %. of any 4 minor leaguers in exchange for Halladay and Wells. Wells has an prolonged and expensive settlement. possibly the Phillies are that desperate; i know the pink Sox are not. Oh yeah, you're able to be able to desire to take Halladay's one 12 months settlement and want which you will get an extension as quickly as you do the commerce and Ricciardi won't enable settlement negotiations previously the commerce closes. another element, checklist has a no-commerce clause. if he does not like the place he's going, he can veto the commerce. The pink Sox and the Padres had a deal in place for Giles final 12 months, yet Giles vetoed a commerce to Boston.

Wow? That's a retarded trade.(Dodgers have everything to lose in your trade) Personally the dodgers have a better chance of winning without him. The dodgers would have to give up to many important pieces, for Roy halladay. I would go look somewhere else and try to trade Juan pierre and a AAA young prospect for a decent SP.

• I don't even know if the Jays would take that, because I think they would want all prospects that are ready for the majors, so they don't have to pay them much money for years. Phillies have the best shot to land him because they can offer the most prospects.

Lol, that trade would be ok with the jays, but I am really sure the Dodgers would never accept that