Is the God of an Inerrant, Infallible Bible pro-rape and anti-infant?

This question is inspired by another question asking for some context on a few particularly harsh OT passages. I don't really see a lot of the Old Testament as being particularly inspired, I sort of see it as a snapshot of something Holy, but someone put their finger over part of the lens, and it's... show more This question is inspired by another question asking for some context on a few particularly harsh OT passages.

I don't really see a lot of the Old Testament as being particularly inspired, I sort of see it as a snapshot of something Holy, but someone put their finger over part of the lens, and it's pretty blurred. I read that description in a book recently and loved it. Does that make any sense?

Anyways, a lot of people after reading the passage basically gave it their stamp of approval, saying that God takes sin seriously, etc. But one of the passages in question had Isaiah's god making some pretty graphic threats against babies, and also giving rape his stamp of approval. Here is the passage in question:

16 Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
their houses will be looted and their wives ravished. (Ravished meaning raped)

17 See, I will stir up against them the Medes,
who do not care for silver
and have no delight in gold.

18 Their bows will strike down the young men;
they will have no mercy on infants
nor will they look with compassion on children.

It's from Isaiah 13.

So, what I'm asking my fellow Christians is: Do you REALLY believe that rape is an appropriate punishment for sin? Because if so, I'm not sure I'm comfortable going to Evangelical Churches anymore.
Update: One more thing: My first thought upon reading it was "Context!" because a lot of people take OT stuff out of context. But read in context this one definitely has Isaiah's god stating that he will be responsible for these actions, he will cause them to happen, and he approves of them.
Update 2: Jason: The difference is not enough. The god of this book of the Bible is giving his stamp of approval to rape. He knows the women will be raped, he is stirring up the army's to rape the women.
Update 3: Jason: My issue isn't that God "allows" rape, because I believe in free will. My issue is that in this passage, God is taking responsibility for the fact that the women are raped. Reading the whole of Isaiah 13, God is saying that he is responsible for all of this, he is causing all of it, because he... show more Jason: My issue isn't that God "allows" rape, because I believe in free will. My issue is that in this passage, God is taking responsibility for the fact that the women are raped. Reading the whole of Isaiah 13, God is saying that he is responsible for all of this, he is causing all of it, because he essentially hates these people. He basically takes credit for the actions of the army.