Amount of words in a book? Is there an average? more read inside...?

Amount of words in a book? Is there an average? more read inside...? I'm working on writing a book (it's kind of a chick flick) like sex and the city...that kind of thing but I'm just wondering if I have too little or too much words in it so far, I have 5 pages wrote on MS word processor and the word... show more Amount of words in a book? Is there an average? more read inside...?
I'm working on writing a book (it's kind of a chick flick) like sex and the city...that kind of thing but I'm just wondering if I have too little or too much words in it so far, I have 5 pages wrote on MS word processor and the word count is 2517..Is this ok?
Update: I just want to see how I'm doing so far, I'm not planning on publishing a 5 page book or anything.
Update 2: I'm only starting of my book, I'm aiming for 29 chapters so it could be 200-300 pages
Update 3: It's for any age really but probably aimed towards 18-30 that kind of thing
Update 4: its size 11 calibri writing on MS word processor btw if that helps, what is the ideal font and size to get a better idea?