Any phu quoc dogs for sale? (only available in vietnam and needs to know a company that can ship it to usa)?

Im from vietnam. I love phu quoc dogs but the tickets to vietnam is expensive. I need to know where to get one. And can do shipping to usa. There from vietnam and there very smart,can swim,and beautiful. The unique thing about these dogs is they have a special birthmark! See,look at this pic:http://tarpon.tamug.edu/~elde25/IMG_0537.jpg in that link do you see a beautiful,unique curl on there back? Its gorgous! These dogs are expensive but my family has aenough. Please tell me the correct place to buy a brown phu quoc dog and it would be a pleasure!

P.S. 10 free easy points if has a good answer!!!

I dont want a Rhodesian Ridgeback or a jindo! What i really want is a phu quoc dog! Thats a baby or a adult! I know they are rare and are endangered and was almost extinct but thats why i asked this question! Since it was so rare i want to know where to get it so they can ship it to me. they are so talented i have researched about them. please contact me if you are selling a phu quoc dog that is still healthy,is well,and was trained good. Please! My dad and mother wants one too and it would be ourr family pet! I dont want to let them down! :( Ok so would you lend a hand and answer this question? It would be an honor! and no bad answers please! :)

Favorite Answer

Trusting someone in a completely different country, on a completely different continent to ship a dog to you without you seeing the dog, the conditions the dog was raised in, the parents, etc, is a recipe for disaster.

You don't know if they are selling you a sick dog, a dog that isn't what you wanted (as in, a mutt or a completely different breed of dog,) a badly bred dog, or a dog from a puppy mill that is going to be traumatized or poorly socialized.

You also don't know if they are scam artists who will keep your money and then disappear leaving you to settle a dispute in a completely different country (where you're going to have to spend the money trying to track these people down to get your money back,) or lose the money (which at that point, it seems to me that getting your money back would be cost prohibitive.)

If you are looking for a dog with a similar look you can try a Rhodesian Ridgeback or a Jindo (two breeds of dogs- the Ridgeback has the same ridge- the Jindo doesn't but it is an Asian breed of dog.)

The dog you are asking about is one of the rarest breeds in the world according to the information I have- so tracking one down IMO is going to require a LOT of research on exporting dogs, large expense and a trip to Vietnam to make sure you aren't getting ripped off.

I knew someone who brought a Leonberger from Germany- in the end it cost her about $10,000 to import the dog from Europe including vaccinations, Vet bills, and quarantine of the dog to make sure it wasn't sick.

Good luck in finding one. :)

There are many Phu Quoc dog breeders in Southern California's Little Saigon area. You just have to look in the VNese papers. We are dog trainers and have worked with a few of the breeders to train their dogs. There are a few breeders that don't know the breed well and will think that they have a pure bred and will market their dogs as such. There is nothing wrong with Phu Quoc mutts; they are just as intelligent and beautiful but if you are looking for a pure bred, look for these distinct markers from the sires and dames: erect ears, ridge on their backs, ridges on each side of the neck and butt, black lips, black/blue spotted tongues, webbed feet with black nail if they are black in color or brown nails if they are brown or striped/brindle. They should have a coarse short coat; coat colors should be either brindle, yellow or black (any other color means they have been mixed). Be ready to spend some time with these dogs or you will have trouble on your hands. They are very intelligent and thus, need to be trained for obedience, and will also need lots of exercise. They are very good jumpers and can easily clear a six foot fence; hence, they need to be well trained. These dogs are very special. I'm glad they've made their way into the US and hopefully will soon be recognized the the AKC.

Hello - I realize this is a 5 year old question but I will be able to help you if you haven't already found a way. I recently went through the process for my parents, and am doing it again for a friend.

All in all, you need someone to:

- find and purchase the puppy in Saigon (very easy as they're popular now)

- go to the vet to begin the 30-day de-worm and shots requirements for import to US

- foster care the dog for 30 days

- which can also include crate training so the airplane trip is less stressful

- get the vet paperwork signed off and officialized

- bribe $ for both the vet and the government stuff to move the papers along at a reasonable rate

- ship the dog over to US!

Let me know if you are still interested!

I have just gone throughout the process of importing a very high breeding pair into the Europe. It was very expensive and there were a huge number of hidden charges and after starting the process in January the first dog didn't arrive until July. If you are based in Europe and are interested in a puppy I should have some available towards the second half of 2016. There are unlikely to be more than five in a litter and the waiting list has opened. It is extremely difficult to find a healthy and purebred dog as most dogs advertised are mixed. Mine are absolutely beautiful and it took work and luck to find one. One is a award winning show dog. If you are interested in joining the waiting list please go to my website phuquocdog.com

Ridgeback Dog For Sale

Some people will feed the dog when dinner is over and they think that's different, but the dog can't tell when it's dinner time and will bug you until you stop dinner and then feed him. So think about the chain of behavior that you're rewarding here. Learn here https://tr.im/rn8fI

Contrary to what you're being told here, feeding your dog "people food" is not what's making him beg. I'm a professional trainer and always feed my dog human quality training treats (cut up chicken, cheese, beef, turkey, etc.) and those of us trainers who do this never have a begging problem. Our dogs know that they get "paid" for correct behavior and never from the table. You could feed your dog dogfood from the table and have a begging problem. It isn't *what* you're feeding, but *when* and *where* you feed him that counts.

If you have a problem with begging, the odds are that you have other problems as well. Consider taking your dog to a basic training class to teach him to obey when you ask him to do something or stop doing something undesirable. Dogs that bark and pester you have learned bad habits-- from you! Going to a training class will help you unlearn those and help you get into better habits.

• Nikki

You cannot disappear in Phu Quoc like you used to be able to. Once, long ago, we could sneak off to our Vietnam paradise and be anonymous. The locals loved us. Then, The Others made themselves known and we were basically annihilated. It is too dicey here anymore to return. I have heard that Brazil is beautiful this time of year though. . .

1

Source(s): Dog and Puppy Training http://dogtrainingclasses.emuy.info/?2z1T

Here in america thise are called rhodesian ridgebacks! You can go to akc.org and find a reputable breeder near you

It'll be a whole lot cheaper than importing one from Vietnam!

• Tony J

I go back and forth from VN to the US every 8 weeks or so. Pay me and I'll bring you one back. I'm serious.

BTW I like them too, very nice dogs.

Source(s): Live in VN