Would you drive a electric vehicle?

if it were given to you for Free?

Favorite Answer

I was getting my ICE vehicle worked on a while back and while I was waiting there was someone else also waiting. He was the kind that had strong opinions. First he started with global warming and professed the the final word was that it was a load of ...(organic leftovers.) He had nothing good to say about it on and on he went so I was quite surprised as he came to a full stop and said,

" Now electric cars that is another story. I can't wait to own one. Those things are really fast. Some of them are very aerodynamic. With the batteries down low they are really very stable and regenerative braking is just cool..."

It occurred to me that an electric car had a lot to offer to someone like this man who just likes cars. I like the idea that an electric vehicle is more efficient than my ICE vehicle is inefficient. When I see an EV, I feel that I am looking at the future, even if it is a future that I will never see.

Or maybe I am looking at how much of a mistake we made in turning to ICE vehicles for the last 100 years. Today our streets might be lined with gold, the gold of an electrified system for powering EV's so that all he discussion we have over batteries would not even be an issue. 1

Years ago we might have accepted the idea of a genset trailer to power what then becomes a sometimes series hybrid. We would not even have to own them. If you were going on a long trip just rent one, attach it and travel to your destination. When there you unhook it and you have a pure EV once agan with no need to continue carring a heavy engine and generator on board. And once again there would be none of our current discussion about better batteries.2

And since an electric vehicle is the only one that can get cleaner as it grows older, it is a vehicle that evolves. (As the power plants become cleaner and more efficient so also does the transportation system that uses electric vehicles.)3

And our air might be a whole lot cleaner now.

I would give it a test drive. I would be surprised if an electric vehicle could meet my transportation needs.

No one will give it to you for free. If you think the government will, its still not free (unless you dont pay taxes :). If they were just magically created and someone gave me one I wouldn't drive it until gas was over $5 a gallon because I love normal cars too much.

Sure, when they make a 2 ton truck that can go over 100 miles on a charge, AND charge from sunlight.

I live in a rural area, have livestock to feed, and am NOT on the grid!!

Depends.. Is it really electric, as in I need absolutely zero gas? If so (and it didn't look ridiculous), yeah I'd drive it. Otherwise, I'd just sell it to pay for gas!

I would if...It met all the cryteria, of the current strain of crash tech. I would if... I was not penalized for 'roading' this tech. I would if... I never had to prescribe to a guarded venue of tech. I would if..., The car can be garanteed to perform for a 100k,with no loss in range and performance.

Yes you will need a license if you drive on public roads

I'll do anything to help the environment!I do everything i can think of!I love this earth and the animals we share it with.God put this earth here and we need to leave it better than it was when we leave it!

Of course and would buy one if reasonably priced and looked good, otherwise it will be another loser.

Sure, especially if it was one of those Tesla Roadsters.