Other Girly Books, not involving Disney Princesses?

My daughter is 5 and we are just now expanding her book preferences to more girly girl styles. Only problem for me is I have no clue past princesses (brothers grimm) and some fairy book we already own. So we went to the library and found Fancy Nancy, which is great, but my daughter want to look for other girly books. What is there out there, other than old fairy tales? Thank you!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Eloise by Kay Thompson

Madeleine

Arthur

Berenstein Bears

Olivia by Ian Falconer

Angelina Ballerina

• 1 decade ago

Go for the Angelina Ballerina books! I was a MAJOR fan from about 4 - 7 years old. The books are about a mouse named Angelina and all of her adventures in her town. They're adorable and very girly :)

• 1 decade ago

Misty of Chincoteague

Take her to the library and let her browse through the shelves. She may find something interesting on her own.

(Don't for your own sanity and pocketbook, get involved in the Rainbow Fairy series. There is a different fairy for almost anything you can think of, and the books are a serial. You have to get the whole series to know how it all ends)

Source(s): mom of 2
  • 1 decade ago

Cabbage Patch kids

Arthur

Angelina Ballerina

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

berenstein bears (spelling??)

angelina ballerina

also the american girl collection (now i didnt start reading these until i was about 6 and a half... but if you want your daughter to be a great reader or to challenge her (or you could even read to her) then these are great and the books are very different each is a different generation)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Olivia best pig book in my opinion

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.