Vaseline on new tattoo?

I just got a tattoo done last night and it's amazing,but all I have to put on it right now is vaseline.My parents just said to use vaseline because we can't get the A&D right now which is what I used on my last one.It's just a black and white tattoo,but I don't want the ink drawn out which I know... show more I just got a tattoo done last night and it's amazing,but all I have to put on it right now is vaseline.My parents just said to use vaseline because we can't get the A&D right now which is what I used on my last one.It's just a black and white tattoo,but I don't want the ink drawn out which I know vaseline does.
Update: My tat artist uses vaseline on the tattoos he does and he's done really good work,but when I did some research on vaseline it said it was bad.On my other tattoo I just used A&D that was it.No washing and after a year or so it still looks pure black so that's why I'm confused.I don't want to draw the... show more My tat artist uses vaseline on the tattoos he does and he's done really good work,but when I did some research on vaseline it said it was bad.On my other tattoo I just used A&D that was it.No washing and after a year or so it still looks pure black so that's why I'm confused.I don't want to draw the ink out the one I just got cause it's big and on my back.