What do you think of this list of the top 100 songs of all times voted by Australians?
A music poll was conducted by an Australian radio station "TripleJ" - They asked people "What is your hottest song of all time?"
And here is the list "hottest 100 of all time"!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
* 1. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
* 2. Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name
* 3. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
* 4. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
* 5. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
* 6. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
* 7. Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
* 8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
* 9. Foo Fighters - Everlong
* 10. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
* 11. John Lennon - Imagine
* 12. Oasis - Wonderwall
* 13. Radiohead - Creep
* 14. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
* 15. Radiohead - Karma Police
* 16. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
* 17. Hilltop Hoods - The Nosebleed Section
* 18. Muse - Knights Of Cydonia
* 19. Metallica - One
* 20. White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
* 21. Powderfinger - These Days
* 22. Massive Attack - Teardrop
* 23. Hunters & Collectors - Throw Your Arms Around Me
* 24. The Beatles - A Day in the Life
* 25. Pearl Jam - Alive
* 26. Michael Jackson - Thriller
* 27. Powderfinger - My Happiness
* 28. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
* 29. Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
* 30. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
* 31. Metallica - Enter Sandman
* 32. New Order - Blue Monday
* 33. Silverchair - Tomorrow
* 34. The Living End - Prisoner Of Society
* 35. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
* 36. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Into My Arms
* 37. Tool - Stinkfist
* 38. The Killers - Mr Brightside
* 39. Pearl Jam - Better Man
* 40. Nirvana - Come As You Are
* 41. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
* 42. Bloc Party - Banquet
* 43. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
* 44. The Beatles - Hey Jude
* 45. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
* 46. Faith No More - Epic
* 47. John Butler Trio - Betterman
* 48. Beastie Boys - Sabotage
* 49. Guns 'N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
* 50. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
* 51. Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
* 52. You Am I - Berlin Chair
* 53. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
* 54. The Cure - Close To Me
* 55. Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
* 56. Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should Have Come Over
* 57. Tool - Forty Six & 2
* 58. Daft Punk - Around The World
* 59. Augie March - One Crowded Hour
* 60. Johnny Cash - Hurt
* 61. Blur - Song 2
* 62. Nine Inch Nails - Closer
* 63. AC/DC - Thunderstruck
* 64. Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun
* 65. Underworld - Born Slippy
* 66. Elton John - Tiny Dancer
* 67. Ben Folds Five - Brick
* 68. Blink 182 - Dammit
* 69. Jeff Buckley - Grace
* 70. The Prodigy - Breathe
* 71. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?
* 72. The Shins - New Slang
* 73. The Clash - London Calling
* 74. Nirvana - Lithium
* 75. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
* 76. The Stone Roses - Fools Gold
* 77. Gotye - Hearts A Mess
* 78. Smashing Pumpkins - Today
* 79. David Bowie - Life on Mars
* 80. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
* 81. Pulp - Common People
* 82. System Of A Down - Chop Suey!
* 83. Placebo - Every You Every Me
* 84. Bob Marley & The Wailers - No Woman, No Cry
* 85. The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
* 86. The Beatles - Come Together
* 87. Coldplay - Yellow
* 88. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
* 89. Rage Against the Machine - Bulls On Parade
* 90. Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
* 91. AC/DC - Back In Black
* 92. Bon Iver - Skinny Love
* 93. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
* 94. Modest Mouse - Float On
* 95. Stevie Wonder - Superstition
* 96. Daft Punk - One More Time
* 97. Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
* 98. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
* 99. TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
* 100. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
- 1 decade agoBest Answer
It proves that, even in Australia, people do not know that "of all time" does NOT mean "what's come out in the past five years." There are, what, four songs from the 1960s on there? And half of them are from the last ten years?
- 1 decade ago
There are some really good songs on there... i.e. Tool and Joy Division stand out to me.
But is this really an all-time list? I think it's pretty clear that the average age of the voter was probably somewhere around 20. Could be a worse list though...
- 1 decade ago
I find it disturbing that Blink 182 comes before the Rolling Stones. And people will have forgotten about Kings Of Leon and Coldplay in a couple of years. And as much as i love Nirvana, Teen Sprit sould not be number one. The list sucks.
- JosephineLv 44 years ago
Well, what do you think of this?: Dammit - Blink 182 is better than: Good Riddance - Green Day Grace - Jeff Buckley Lithium - Nirvana Yellow - Coldplay Unbelievable. Not right. I was surprised that Paranoid Android got #5 but I don't disagree. Excellent song.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
People need to understand the JJJ listener to understand this list. Some stupid old ******** hippies will take offense that their particular list (the list that became ossified in their addled brains back in the 60's and 70's and has resisted any edits since then) is not properly represented.
- 1 decade ago
pretty good. Love the Jeff Buckley and Muse, but GNR needs to be higher. And I actually don't like Imagine that much. There are better beatles songs. I was pleasantly surprised to see the white stripes up there.
- anonymousLv 51 decade ago
Maybe more like for a MODERN Top 100? I mean some songs are good on there but they don't deserve to be on there for ALL time.
And "Dammit" isn't that great of song...
- Anonymous1 decade ago
It sucks beyond any reasonable manifestation of suckiness.
I would suggest that whoever put this list of garbage (with a very few exceptions) has not listened to music of quality.
It is laughable.
Im Australian and I have to say that is one crap list of music.
How the hell did Smells like teen spirit come first?
- 1 decade ago
this was voted by australians...it's not supposed to be about australian music exactly
...and triple j is a more sort of indie radio station.
i think it's an ok list considering