Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Mr_F asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

How is it that Anderson Varejao is earning more money than Ron Artest?

I know Artest got a MLE and Varejao got an extention. That's the difference between the Lakers and the Cavaliers. Lakers got a top 30 talent for MLE while the Cavs overpaid for a guy who isn't even in the top 100 players. I'm glad LeBron will leave in 2010 to play with D-Wade in Miami

P.S. If it were up to me, I'd just buy out Varejao after next year and ship him in a box back to whatever rainforest he came from.

Favorite Answer

varejao isn't 31, and can only get the whole contract if he meets amazing goals. plus, ron artest was willing to take less (from a few teams, but preferred the city of LA) for a championship because of his age.

I agree that Varejao was overpaid for. However, if you truly think LeBron is going to Miami, you're a fool. Hell, if you're to believe Wade, he may not even be in Miami next year, seeing as he directly stated, that simply going to the playoffs isn't going to be enough to keep him there. Sounds to me like if the Heat don't make a playoff run this season, D-Wade is outta there. Lebron will either stay in Cleveland or be a Knick though...absolutely no chance of him going anywhere else.

As far as the contracts go though, Varejao isn't really making THAT much more than Artest, because 8 million of that 50 isn't guaranteed money...so he's guaranteed 42 over 6 years, giving him 7 mil per year. Regardless, not the same caliber as Artest, but makes it seem a little more reasonable when you look at it that way.

Just a bad mistake that is going to hurt later on. Pay him to stay, keeping him makes LeBron happy, Lebron is happy he will stay and won't go out in public against the franchise. If I was in charge I luck for a upgrade, someone much better in different fields and someone who is not a weight on both sides of the court. I feel they shouldn't have did this, now with the money he is getting you can't trade for upgrade no one will be interested.

Even though there different positions.

A Parker > A Varejao

Varejao isn't supposed to be in the top 100 players. He is supposed to be an energy type player, a defensive player and he led the league in charges.

Artest agreed to get less money to play for lakers

bad decision by cavs...

ron took less money to play for championship contending team

• cause cavs got hella money and made a dumbazz decision paying him 2 much

Dude i do agree verrrrrrrrrrrry much ... That's some f'ed up sh#t !!!!!!