Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If I join the National Guard will I most likely stay in my home state or have to relocate to another state?

I am from Ca and wanted to know what the chances are of staying in Cal or leaving. Also does anyone know where I will go for boot camp for ARNG?

Favorite Answer

When you sign your contract to join the National Guard they have to find you a place to do your weekend drills at within 50-60 miles of your home address.

You could still deploy, or be called in for a natural disaster.

Basic training usually depends on a couple things, if you go infantry you will most likely go to Fort Benning, I was admin and went to Fort Jackson. If you are a girl you can pretty count on going to Fort Jackson or Fort Lenard wood

Source(s): Army Veteran
  • Curt J

If you join the Calif National Guard, you will stay a part of the Calif National Guard. Each state has its own.

As for where you will go for Basic Training, that would depend on the MOS (job) you enlist for. Just be assured that your Basic and Advanced training will NOT occur in California!

Source(s): Curt Jones SFC, USA Retired
  • ?

You will stay in the state you sign up for. You won't know where you will go for booto camp until yoou choose yoour MOS. At that point you will know where you will go for Basic training and AIT. You will most likely get deployed. I am active and deployed, and I see a lot of National Guard units.

u will go to basic training and probably AIT in another state but after that u will be stationed in ur home town because u will be part of the CA National Guard

The look after and reserve are citizen squaddies, I.E. it being a factor time interest has no particular requirement which you reside a undeniable distance out of your unit. In my previous unit we has a man or woman that flew in from Vietnam each month. That pronounced use your head and desperate how a techniques you actual need to stress once you are able to desire to bypass to/out of your unit. I stress 5 hours one thank you to mine after paintings on Friday to get there overdue at night and initiate drill early interior the morning, and we run a quite complicated drill, on the top of the weekend i'm exhausted and don't anticipate driving 5 hours abode to bypass decrease back to paintings. in case you incredibly are in contact approximately being close to on your loved ones, submit to in suggestions there are large advantages to starting to be a member of the provider, yet no count what a recruiter tells you, you would be deployed, meaning no kin for no less than 6 months to a year (in many cases).

• Judith

You will continue to live where you are. You would attend meetings once a month and two weeks once a year. Only if called to action would you then be sent elsewhere.

If you join National Guard, you'll be brainf*cked into believing that concentration camps will be necessary in order to stop chaos when it is strategically started and martial law is enacted.