Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Who else thinks brock lesnar was hitting the back of mirs head?

he was and he should have been disqualified. than he went and acted like an *** afterward

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Me and my friends were OUTRAGED by this fight! Lesnar is a F***** White Gorilla, we counted the punches yes he hit him like 3 times in the face, then 9 PUNCHES TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!. What a Joke! Look I can care less about Frank "Curley Q" Mir, but give the guy a chance to fight. My biggest point is that UFC needs a SUPER-HEAVY WEIGHT DIVISON, Lesnar came into that fight at 265( Yea right in his left leg) He was closer to 300, Mir was what 240-250 max, just like the Coutoure fight, I don't like Lesnar( He's a South Dakota Farm Hand) but he deserves the chance to fight guys that are his size( Or Lose Weight) Otherwise he will be 50-75lbs. bigger then every guy he fights from here on out. Get it together Dana! Match the Gorilla with other Gorillas, not Chimps, C'mon, What's next the ultimate David Vs. Goliath, GSP Vs. Lesnar.

• 1 decade ago

There were a few shots to the back of the head, towards the end, from the looks of it, though they've might've come too late for it to matter. I didn't see any to the back of the head in the first round. Even if the ref would've seen and called Lesnar on the shots to the back of the head, it would've resulted in a warning, or possibly them being stood up and Lesnar losing a point, depending how solid the hit was.

Yes, Mir's face did look pretty good and busted up. It was getting pounded on most of the first round. It was already bleeding and swollen before the second round, where it then took more punishment. Just because Mir's face was busted up like that, doesn't mean that there weren't a few shots in the back of the noggin that slipped in, especially when Mir was trying to roll away from Lesnar at the end.

• 1 decade ago

oh cry me a river. Mir was knocked out, and was getting hit in the face, there may have been a couple shots on the back of the head but mir was out before any of them. and yeah he acted like an *** afterwards but everybody was booing him i would have done the same thing. and especially all the **** mir was talking i would have told him what's up too after i just smashed his face into hamburger.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Bob Holly sandbagged on the powerbomb. Holly replaced into attempting to take place Brock, so Brock made him pay for it. As for the SSP, he had executed it many cases earlier in OVW. At Wrestlemania, he in simple terms misjudged the area and set up Kurt too a techniques away. He nevertheless complete the experience. And he did no longer ruin his neck. He in simple terms have been given a concussion. once you are going to call him an fool (no longer "and fool"), call him an fool for buying released from his WWE settlement, the place he could have been substantial eventer for existence with a mulit-million dollar settlement, to tryout for the NFL, a interest that he hadn't performed by using fact that intense college.

• 1 decade ago

You have to understand what the back of the head is,

Some say it is behing the ear and the invisible line from ear to ear,

However, UFC rules the back of the head is the small area above the neck line, and below the top of the head, and about 2 in. from behind the ear,

So, no, Lesnar was not hitting the back of Mir's head.

Lesnar was not going to do that twice.

• James
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

He totally was but I still think he would have won. He is just a huge Gorilla with no real talent I am not impressed and to be honest the heavyweight division is just pathetic. If Cain Valezuez could gain about 20 lbs of muscle and avoid that waste of time and buzzcut he would destroy that pile of crap that currently holds the belt. Would love to see Dana sign Fedor but I think the ufc is more about flash instead of substance and that's all Fedor is substance and just wants to fight instead of run his mouth and flip off the people who are basically paying his salary.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he wasn't hitting the back of Mir's head but he was being such an asshole!!!! i mean it's one thing when they're fighting but after the fights over he gets into Mir's face again! it was so stupid and then he flips everyone off AND THEN when the crowd starts booing he's like "keep booing! keep booing!" can you say bad sportsmanship? really he didn't deserve it anyways, he's only a semi-decent fighter because he is one MASSIVE man and that's it.

• 1 decade ago

there was a reason frank mir's FACE looked like ground meat

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

MIr's face tells a different story.

• BOB
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Stop making excuses! Mir would have lost anyways.

FRANK MIR SUCKS!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.