Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

who likes the name lana or leah? if so, explain why and if not, why?

my cousin is having a baby and its a girl. She is stuck between lana and leah. which one do you like better? and why???

plus the last name is O'Leary

Favorite Answer

I like leah and I like lena rather than lana

If the last name is O'Leary, I would not name her Leah. Too much l-e-a in the first and last name. I like Lana a lot better with O'Leary. I haven't known but two Lanas in my life. The last name is Irish, maybe she should look up Irish names that start with L?

The first answerer thinks Lana is 'dated' and Leah is not? Wasn't there some unattractive daughter in the bible named Leah, whose dad gave to an employee instead of his pretty daughter Rachel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leah

I like Lana, because there aren't as many Lanas around as there are Leahs.

Plus Leah O'Leary sounds a bit alliterative, and it might turn into Learoleary

Hmmm...

Lana O'Leary or Leah O'Leary?

I'd have to say Leah. It has a softer sound to it, and overall I think it flows better with the last name. They sound like they could come from the same region.

• I like Leah more because a lot of names flow with it. Plus, I've never heard of the name Lana until now.

• xoxo

Definitely Leah. Lana is a little dated, Leah is just so pretty.

I like Leah for some reason. I think it's so beautiful.

It's a name that I wouldn't get tired of hearing. I can't explain it much, but I just like it a lot more.

Good luck and best of wishes. =)

• Tara

I went to school with twins named Lana and Leah. How crazy is that?? I personally like Leah better. I dunno why really. lol. Just bc.

leahs so pretty :)