Hiiiii
Hiiiii asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

What's your opinion about PETA?

It seems like every teenager my age supports it and I honestly don't anymore. Not after I did some research about them.

I don't eat meat but it's not because of them.

Yeah they are a little extreme but they also spend waaaay to much money on advertising instead of actually helping the animals and they also kill thousands of animals themselves.

So they are practically saying "do as i say, not as i do."

"People for the Eating of Tasty Animals"- I hadn't heard that one! Ahahah! I would eat meat but I can't for health reasons.

• Favorite Answer

It was HSUS that wanted to kill all of Michael Vick's dogs. HSUS did kill a lot of others because they were not stopped.

I have disliked PETA for quite a while. Them killing the North Carolina dogs cinched this. I know of 2 highly reputable purebred rescue groups and 1 person who called to pick up the healthy, happy Dalmatians they killed, but PETA said they would have NO trouble finding homes for them. Instead, they claimed none of the cats and dogs had prospects (see quote). Pure and simple they lied about the Dalmatians and the other dogs. In my dreams, I still see Toby & Annie's bodies in the torn open black garbage bags. The bodies of the pets ended up being called "litter" or "trash."

" ......proceedings endured by two young people who simply performed the humanitarian act of putting animals out of their misery at the request of government agencies and private individuals in North Carolina,” said Heather Carlson, PETA’s media liaison, in an e-mail. “The two workers were providing a humane release to animals who had no future prospects, and the trial never should have happened.”

Read what they did to the cute mutt, little "Happy" and how they took photos to send back to the man who gave him up to make him believe Happy found a wonderful home.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/Trial_Day1.cfm

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/Trial.cfm

http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview....

Read that and ask yourself, why is PETA upset that President Obama killed a fly on TV ?

HSUS is not much better. HSUS sweet talk and begging for money is a poison to pet owners and people who show and train dogs. They raise millions and use it to produce legislative bills to harm or take away the rights of pet loving people. In order to placate the complaints that they do not run a shelter yet take in 100's of millions, there is news forming that they just may open one.... 1..... up.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm/...

Ok well it's great what their doing and animal cruelty is bad and all but PETA just takes things way overboard. I think their annoying extremists. They got upset with Obama for killing a fly for God's sake. Why don't they care about humans as much as they do animals? That's what pisses me off. Their willing to let a homeless man live in a box, hungry and cold but when they see the same thing happening to a dog or a cat, they run to rescue them. Why do they care so much about animals and not humans? We're more important.

I think they can be a bit extreme, but I agree with some of their general ideas. No one should be cruel or abusive to their pets or other animals. I have a lot of pets in my house and I love them all. I don't see how someone could purposefully harm or abuse something as unconditionally loving and trusting as a pet. I've met animals that were nicer and more fun to be with than some people I know.

PETA stands for People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

I agree with most people here. PETA has the right idea, but they usually go about it the wrong way. I usually don't support them.

Just to add: Here is a Game-day t-shirt made in 2007, for a Texas Tech vs Texas A&M game. This was made by a Tech student:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2007/10/1...

The joke is that A&M's slogan is Gig 'em, and their mascot is the collie.

i think they have good intentions but they make animal supporters look bad with their extreme attitude. I also think they are spending too much time on little things like when they got all mad that a nickelodean show used a live chimp in one of their episodes. They should spend more resources on things that are important, like stopping the fur trade and sport hunting. Though i do find it amusing when they throw red paint and intercept whaling boats.

• dave d

They probably started out as a good organization but they have just gone too far. They are more interested in the public relations and keeping their name in the news than the original mission.

i agree with some of the things they do but its not like all of them are bad some of their petitions are good but i have also heard some bad stuff about them like they wanted to put down all the dogs from the micheal vick case thank goodness for Best Friends Animal Sanctuary maybe you have seen their dog show if you have never heard of them Dog Town :) im vegetarian too :D

I think that what started as a reasonably good idea has gone horribly, horribly wrong because of the whackjobs that are in charge of the organization.

I think most of the members are well-meaning, but the organization itself is a bunch of lying hypocrites who kill more animals than they save. They also encourage illegal behavior, assault and eco-terrorism.