Cats like plant but not catnip!?

My two cats Doragon and Tora keep on attacking my flowers and other house plants. Okay I'm back from Arkansas and when I came home all the house plant were knocked over or had bite marks in them. So I bought them some catnip but they don't like it or there toys and keep on attacking my plants and my mom... show more My two cats Doragon and Tora keep on attacking my flowers and other house plants. Okay I'm back from Arkansas and when I came home all the house plant were knocked over or had bite marks in them. So I bought them some catnip but they don't like it or there toys and keep on attacking my plants and my mom even brought out the whole I'll get rid of them thing. I know she won't but I still don't like to have to clean up there plants every day. How do I make them stop without hurting/punishing them or getting rid of my plants. (Plants are important to my family don't ask why) They are my little babies and I refuse to hurt them like smacks but I do send them to the laundry room as a punishment. Is that good enough? How am I supposed to fix this problem?

PS spray bottle won't work they love water, crazy freakin cats
Update: they is japanese cats my dad brought me from Japan.