Jader Gator asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

I have a 3 year old boy cat should I get a boy or girl kitten?

you know how boys are........

oh and how long will it take until they get along?

Favorite Answer

male cats are very dominant i would suggest getting a female because your boy cat will probably try to kill the kitten good luck and keep the kitten in a cage and let your cat smell and get acquainted to it that way so no harm comes to it

you could get a boy or a girl. if you get a boy kitten you should get the 3 year old cat fixed and the male kitten fixed. that way he is not as teritorial. if it is a female get her fixed and get the male cat fixed. that way you won't have tons of kittens and so he dosn't spry. if he is they are not fixed they will spray. even a female cat sprays. keep them both in a cage. each cat in its own cage and start them off from across the room and work your way in untill the cages are toughing. that way youget them use to each outher slowly. don't worry, it may take them awile to get along mythey will eventually.

Source(s): i had a male outdoor cat that was not fixed and i bought a female kitten. the kitten was more fond of the male cat than he was of her. when he passed away i got another cat and my female cat hated him. she only liked the one cat. she is still not to fond of other cats.
  • I would get a girl kitty. I have both a male (merlin) and a female (patches) and my female is less agressive than he is. She loves to lay in strangers laps and purrs all the time. He likes to be alone and hates it when people pet him. He growls all the time and swatts people as they pass by.

The bad part of owning a girl cat is they will go into heat and attract other kitties. A boy will spray to mark what is "his".

there are other things but this is all I can think of! ><.

Hope this helps ^^

Source(s): long time cat owner

Am I having a girl?

• ?

If a husband and wife disagree?

• Buffy

Does this boy like me?

Open world sanbox games for ps3 that you can play as a girl?

Do college women prefer jocks and frat boys?

How much does south africa earn in a day.?