Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How do I "kill" my abs and get a lean tummy?

I'm 5'2, slim (not skinny) and somewhat curvy. I started my workout routine again mid May by doing swimming aerobics 2x/wk. My overall goal was to tone and not lose any weight. Actually, the only fat I have on my body is my stomach (genetics), which has been the hardest to lose. With swimming aerobics, I slowly started doing cardio+strength training about 1x/wk - arms, shoulders, squats/lunges, ab workouts (bicycle). My main goal now is to lose the belly fat and tone it by the end of the moth AS WELL as toning the rest of my body. (last week i did cardio+strength training on 3 consecutive days - body was fine).

Now ,my stomach is flat but still flubby. My ab workouts are bicycle twists, reverse curls, and leg lifts. I went back to swimming aerobics on Wed and my body feels kinda refreshed from it. I've never felt my ab muscles in that way - almost as if i was running hard and you can feel your calves. The soreness usually goes away when I'm not in the process of working them out. The next morning, my abs were sooo SORE and it felt VERY good. It hasn't felt this sore since when i started working out again about 3 months ago. I took a day off (thurs) and last night (fri), I worked them out again and it was a sucky workout. NO PAIN nor did it look leaner when I woke up. WHY? And What do i do???

You need to do a variety of ab exercises to constantly be challenging your abs. You'll find lots of ab exercises and workouts here:

http://www.free-ab-workout.com/

You're obsessing and stressing out over nothing.

Your body's appearance will not change overnight,

unless you give birth :)

You're working hard and if you keep it up, you will be proud.

You worked them harder than you have before, or you worked them in a new way that you haven't before. I see your exercise routine is solid, but what about your diet? Check out my guide to getting a firm midsection. http://trainandeat.blogspot.com/

Good luck.