Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do transpeople find it hard to define their own sexuality?

I'm female gendered but I don't transition. I know truly if a person is MtF they are lesbian if they like girls and straight if they like guys but if you are born with an orientation it's kind of hard to go from straight to gay simply because you change physical gender.

When becoming more female it's just been more appealing to have relationship with men (because of a feminine tendencies that go along with that gender) but as a guy I've always been generally straight and only interested in women.

I wouldn't say confused, maybe because I'm pansexual and have an attraction for people while disregarding sex or gender. But I'm interested in the physical aspects of men and women too.

Favorite Answer

It's okay to be unsure about your sexuality right now. Transpeople can have trouble with defining their sexual orientation because the labels for sexual orientation are pretty rigid, and transpeople don't always fit directly into these categories, especially during transition. If you give it time you'll probably either figure out a label that fits you better or become more accustomed to not having a standard label. That's fine too.

Nope. I'm bisexual.

If you want "hard to define" sexualities... try my partners. Generally they are self identified as straight, and then they fall for me and are all sorts of confused! :P Then I give them the term heteroflexible and everything is alright and we carry along with our man on man loving.

Source(s): Transman, me.
  • tadm

It depends on the person. Most trans turn to the same sex they were. But remember the have been rebuilt and now are the opposed sex that they where.

I'm not transsexual but I am quite educated about them. YOU are simply confused. I seriously doubt that it is any more difficult for transsexuals to know what their sexual orientation is than it is for anyone else.