Can a person get mono more than once?

I got mono in second grade, is it possible to get it again? Have you ever had it?

Favorite Answer

i have had mono 3 times each happened a year after the other. It was so bad. I missed my last month of junior year and almost my last week of senior year but i went anyways because i felt well enough to and i wasn't going to miss my graduation. I got it the next summer also. I am always afraid of getting it again because they refuse to take my tonsils out b/c of thyroid issues. I guess if you don't have tonsils you can't get it idk thats what i was told. but yes you can get it many times.

Yes, Mono, is not like some illnesses that once you catch once and build immunity. The symptoms can be different for young people and older folks. there are tests thatcan be done to confirm that is what you have. If you need more info check here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleo...

I know that you can get Epstein Barr after you have had mono. Look it up on google.

I am really not sure but I believe the Epstein-Barr virus stays in your system for the rest of your life...

• YES IVE HAD IT 3 TIMES

yes, it can be gotten more than once inyour life.