Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can a person get mono more than once?

I got mono in second grade, is it possible to get it again? Have you ever had it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i have had mono 3 times each happened a year after the other. It was so bad. I missed my last month of junior year and almost my last week of senior year but i went anyways because i felt well enough to and i wasn't going to miss my graduation. I got it the next summer also. I am always afraid of getting it again because they refuse to take my tonsils out b/c of thyroid issues. I guess if you don't have tonsils you can't get it idk thats what i was told. but yes you can get it many times.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, Mono, is not like some illnesses that once you catch once and build immunity. The symptoms can be different for young people and older folks. there are tests thatcan be done to confirm that is what you have. If you need more info check here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleo...

• 1 decade ago

I know that you can get Epstein Barr after you have had mono. Look it up on google.

• 1 decade ago

I am really not sure but I believe the Epstein-Barr virus stays in your system for the rest of your life...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • YES IVE HAD IT 3 TIMES

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, it can be gotten more than once inyour life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.