Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

muffin asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

have my teeth possibly moved?

Ive had a retainer ever since i got off my braces. However i do not wear it and i just started to wear it again. my teeth somehow magicaly still fit into it without much effort. so does this mean my teeth havent moved?

If it still fits, then it's possible your teeth haven't moved much, but I bet you anything they've moved a few millimeters. I've seen adults who had their ortho removed years ago quit wearing their retainers, and guess what? They ended up having to get their ortho redone, because your teeth will shift back no matter what. So wear that retainer!

Source(s): CDA w/20 yrs exp

i'm kind of anal about wearing my retainer. i'm pretty sure if you don't wear it the first year you get your braces off, your teeth will move. so wear it every night. its not that hard.