Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Who/Were your Grandparents?

Like what kind of jobs did they have what type of person were they?

I am asking because I never knew my grandpa because he died when i was 5 and I never really knew him when he died he had been in the hospital for 32 year he couldnt even remember his own kids. He went into the hospital when my dad was 8. He came across my mind today because I found this article online today http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/79...

who were your grandparents

Favorite Answer

Well im like you i never knew my grandparents they all died when i was not born exept my NANNY she was like every other grandma ... old played games and funn to talk to ... but she died to a few years ago... she was 84 years old ... so it was her time to go. so yeah for her job she raised 9 kids of her mom and after that she was a nanny... then she was a house wife then she worked at a five and dine store manager she was a sunday school teacher and a grandma of me and my brothers and then she got old and lived with us and was a good friend baked sowed nitted play games make stuff... BEST PERSON EVER!

Source(s): LIFE

My grandma on my dad's side made bullets during the war! I thought that was pretty awesome when I found out considering my grandma is the sweet little old lady type. My grandpa was in WWII I think, but he was an alchoholic and he smoked, and chewed tobacco, and was kinda abusive.

My grandma on my mom's side was a nurse. My grandpa fought in the war and was shot in the foot and knee and got a purple heart medal for it. While his wounds were healing in the hospital, he learned how to play harmonica. He never talks about the war though because he doesn't like to think about it. He's really cool though.

My mom's father was a policeman in San Diego.

My dad's biological father was a pianist/singer, and played in bars and stuff. He wasnt too good a guy, apparently, but he was really talented.

My dad's Second step dad (the one i consider my grandfather) raced in the early days of Nascar, and fought in World War Two as a pilot.