Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

famous native american saying...[show me and i will learn...etc{?

what is the famous native american saying that goes something like

show me and i will learn

tell me and i will listen

and so on

whats the whole saying?

and whats its history?

thx

Favorite Answer

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand.

several sources say this is a Chinese proverb, and one source I found said it is a Native American saying. I could find no specific origin however.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” This is my favourite quote at all times. This quote was from Benjamin Franklin (an American Politician), he was born 17/01/1906 and died in 17/04/1790, he had more than 900+ quotes.

I have always thought/been told that it was a Chinese proverb.

Tell me, I’ll forget

Show me, I’ll remember

Involve me, I’ll understand

Source(s): I am Apache/Navajo