How did you get over your first love?

How did you get over your first love? Only people who have been in a relationship for a year and over, please.

I just got out of a relationship that lasted a year and ten months so I really need some help and advice on how to move on...

Favorite Answer

I didn't for a long time. We were in our relationship for about 2.5 years. But time goes by and life has to go on. Later you realize that comparing any new relationships with your first love was self-defeating and wasted an important part of your life.

start hanging out with the opposite sex.

go to parties often

hang with friends.

i still havent and its been a year since we have talked

and i have had a boyfriend since then

but i havent got over him

i guess u have to meet someone who tops them

it just takes time. you need to learn to be happy with yourself