Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Please give me a research problem! it must be experimental... i'm a 3rd year.. please!!! i need it!!!?

it must be experimental but easy.. will you help me please?

you know it's something i'll do.

a research problem please?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Elbie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A.)--Can water travel through plant stems?

Pour colored water dyed with red and blue food coloring into two different glasses. Cut the stem of two different white carnation flowers in half along the length of the stem from the bottom to about half way up to the flower. Place one half of the flower stem in the blue water and the other half of the stem in the red water. After letting the flower stand in the water for 48 hours, observe how the white flower petals have changed colors. (Enrichment: Repeat the experiment with another flower, but cover the flower only with plastic wrap and secure the bottom of the plastic wrap with tape.)

B.) --Does music affect your appetite subconsciously?

Weigh your food before and after each dinner and change the music each night. Do this for one month and see which kind of music resulted in you eating the most amount of food. (You could do this experiment in a variety of ways by substituting music with other factors that could have an affect on your appetite, including color of the table cloth, the size of the utensils/plates, the presence of a TV, the amount of light in the room, and the presence of other people.)

C.) --What pain medication's capsule has the fastest breakdown after being swallowed? ( breakdown means "dissolve sufficintly to empty contents into digestive tract".) To test which pain medications break the fastest, using different pain reliever products (i.e., Tylenol, Advil, Pamphrin, Bayer, etc.), put each in different glasses of water at the same time and observe the results.

D.) --What popular brand of soda afftects our teeth the most?

Test four different teeth in four different popular beverages for a month to see the effects each beverage has on the tooth.

E.) -- What are the effects of temperature change on ants?

(You will need an ant observatory and some ants and a cooler or refrigerator.) Notice the activity of the ants as they move around at room temperature. Record the temperature. Now place the observatory in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes remove the observatory and notice how slowly the ants move. Ants move slower at colder temperatures. As the temperature goes up the ants will become more active. Why does this happen?

F.) --What types of food do ants prefer?

To test the ants reaction to different foods, try placing different kinds of food into your observatory and see what the ants do. Do they prefer certain foods? What kind of foods do ants like/dislike? Why? Do you think their preferences for certain types of food are based on taste alone, or is the texture of the food types also a factor?

G.)--How do different fertilizers affect the way plants grow? [There are lots of different types of fertilizers, containing varying amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, in addition to other ingredients. You can test different fertilizers and see how they affect the height of a plant, the number or size of its leaves, the number of flowers, time until blooming, branching of stems, root development, or other factors.]

H.)--Does using colored mulch have an effect on a plant? [You can look at its height, fruitfulness, number of flowers, overall plant size, rate of growth, or other factors.]

K.)--More research problems that are fairly easy to do:

--Do all dishwashing detergents produce the same amount of bubbles or clean the same number of dishes?

--How permanent are permanent markers? What solvents (e.g., water, alcohol, vinegar, detergent solution) will remove the ink?

--Is laundry detergent as effective if you use less than the recommended amount? More?

--Do all hairsprays hold equally well? Equally long? Does type of hair affect the results?

--Does the color of a humming bird feeder have any effect on the prevelance in which humming birds frequent it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.