Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

~*Britt*~ asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

cant run very far, no endurance?

im trying to excercise to lose a little weight so i try to jog but for some reason i can only jog for a little wase but then i get to tired so i power walk, so now i have just been jogging as long as i can and then power walking until im ready to jog again, i do this for 2 miles, why cant i just jog without having to slow down? ( im not fat and im pretty active, if im not trying to jog i bike ride 4 miles) any ideas anyone?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I imagine you're just out of shape. You're doing the right thing with going as long as you can, then switching to walking. Keep up with that and you should see the jogging time go up. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are just starting to run, the most common mistake is to run too fast, well at least that's what happened to me. Try to slow down your pace to a comfortable one. The usual test for that is the 'talk test'. You should be able to hold a conversation with someone while jogging. Once you are comfortable with that you can speed it up. Or you can run 10 minutes and walk for 1 minute for a while and then slowly reduce the walk time once you get used to the pace.

hope that helps

elaine

www.truerunning.com

• 1 decade ago

keep doing what your doing, but everyday try jog a little further than the day before.

you hvae to be patient with running and not expect results straight away.

keep at it as it is great to lse weight and get fitter!!

good luck - be patient!!

Source(s): runner
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.